Her Body and Other Parties

Registered by wingechodewing of Seattle, Washington USA on 10/18/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingechodewing from Seattle, Washington USA on Monday, October 18, 2021
From Half Price Books in Lynnwood, WA

Journal Entry 2 by wingechodewing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Machado defies categorization. This is a collection of her stories that have previously appeared in other publications. In reading these, I felt I was entering a room where "the furniture is attached to the ceiling" (pg. 215), recognizable bits of being a woman in a world that often times doesn't recognize us.
[Of note: I am a huge Law & Order: SVU fan, so the chapter Especially Heinous was a delight (the mental image of Stabler jogging to crime scenes had me ROFL!)]
This will be going out to the winner of my One book a month offer for June!

Released 6 mos ago (7/8/2022 UTC) at By mail / post / courier, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

And it's off to Delphi_Reader, yay!!

Safe journey, little book 🛫

Journal Entry 4 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Saturday, July 23, 2022
Thank you very much for this book echode. It seems... original : ) I loved your card and bookmarks too. Very considerate of you to send the book over while been between trips. I hope you have a great time!

BookCrossers are kind people!

Journal Entry 5 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Monday, August 29, 2022
What a weird book! I liked it, but maybe it was a mistake to read it in one go. I felt that the darkness and the sex scenes in most stories started to feel repetitive after a while. I'd like to see a more cohesive and less abrupt ending in some of the stories too.
Otherwise, I enjoyed the quirkiness and oddity.

Thanks once again for sharing echode!

Journal Entry 6 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at by Post, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Released 3 mos ago (10/19/2022 UTC) at by Post, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

The book got itchy feet again and will continue its travels to Athens area.
And then... Who knows?

Good Luck little book and Don't forget to write your news from time to time!

Καλή Τύχη βιβλίο και Μην ξεχνάς να γράφεις τα νέα σου που και που!

Journal Entry 7 by feltre at Zografou - Ζωγράφου, Attica Greece on Wednesday, October 26, 2022
Thank you for the book, the postcard, the stickers and the big bunch of labels!
Θερμές ευχαριστίες για την τόσο γενναιόδωρη προσφορά σου!

Journal Entry 8 by feltre at Zografou - Ζωγράφου, Attica Greece on Sunday, December 4, 2022
I liked some stories.

Journal Entry 9 by feltre at Villa Giulia in Palermo, Sicilia Italy on Sunday, December 4, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (12/5/2022 UTC) at Villa Giulia in Palermo, Sicilia Italy