Stone Mattress

Royal Reading
by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingBookworm-ladywing of Madrid, Madrid Spain on 10/21/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, October 21, 2021
"In these nine tales, Margaret Atwood ventures into the shadowland earlier explored by fabulists and concoctors of dark yarns such as Robert Louis Stevenson, Daphne du Maurier and Arthur Conan Doyle... and also by herself, in her award-winning novel "Alias Grace". In "Stone Mattress", Margaret Atwood is at the top of her darkly humorous and seriously playful game."

Purchased as a Birthday Group present for tigergirlnz, who has it in her WishList.
This is an ex-library book, with its card still in place... I love these books with a history! This seems to have been quite popular at the Lancashire County Library... and also seems like something I would like to read! :)

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, October 25, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (10/25/2021 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent this WishList book today to tigergirlnz, as a Birthday Group present, with a little extra to help her celebrate.
Happy Birthday, and enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingtigergirlnzwing at Napier, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand on Sunday, November 28, 2021
Oh, as I've said many times - I'm a huge HUGE fan of Margaret Atwood and I've been searching for this one, so very grateful to receive it thanks! Looking forward to reading it when it comes down off Mt TBR - I feel very spoilt, thank you :D