The Thursday Murder Club

Hello there!
by Richard Osman | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0241988276 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingMmeClintonwing of South Berwick, Maine USA on 8/19/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingMmeClintonwing from South Berwick, Maine USA on Friday, August 19, 2022
Review: The Thursday Murder Club (Richard Osman) Although I am not quite sure how I came across this book (I think it may have been via my good friend Rosemary...), I was so right to seek it out. Absolutely a hoot! There is more than one mystery here, which is delightful in itself, but the entire book is just so much fun! The "Thursday Murder Club" is a group of four (maybe more, from time to time) residents of a retirement/nursing home facility who, after attempts to solve "cold cases", are finally confronted with a bonafide murder investigation. This is so clever, throughout, so full of humor; one is rooting for these old folks who may be physically less than they used to be, but mentally they are the cat's meow! They manage to rope in a young woman inspector who is languishing in a backwoods assignment after leaving London, and together they manage to solve multiple puzzles. There are definitely shady characters whom you feel have received fair comeuppance, but also so many secondary characters that you have to catch your breath to put everyone in the proper relationship to each other. Ian Rankin wrote that it is "deplorably good"...that just about sums it up! I needed this breath of air!

Journal Entry 2 by wingMmeClintonwing at When Pigs Fly Company Store And Pizzeria in Kittery, Maine USA on Friday, August 19, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (8/19/2022 UTC) at When Pigs Fly Company Store And Pizzeria in Kittery, Maine USA

on the bench near the entrances