Pine

by Francine Toon | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingpam99wing of Isle of Cumbrae, Scotland United Kingdom on 2/1/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingpam99wing from Isle of Cumbrae, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, February 1, 2021
apologies for the lack of cover - the dog took a fancy to it. A great book though!

Journal Entry 2 by wingpam99wing at Ochiltree, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, February 1, 2021

Released 1 yr ago (2/1/2021 UTC) at Ochiltree, Scotland United Kingdom

Welcome to Bookcrossing! This is a friendly online community of book-lovers who want to share books and promote literacy around the world. Please leave a comment to say where you found the book and if you read it, what you thought of it. If you choose to join the site, you can follow the book as it travels on and finds more readers!

When you've read the book, it's yours to do with as you please - you can keep it, pass it on to friends or family, or "wild release" it again to find new readers!

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 6, 2021
Arrived today. Thank you very much.

Journal Entry 4 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, January 2, 2022
Lauren and her father Niall live alone in the Highlands, in a small village surrounded by forest. When a woman stumbles on to the road one Halloween night, Niall drives her back to their house. In the morning, she's gone. In a community where daughters rebel and men quietly rage, mysteries like these are not out of the ordinary. Lauren looks for answers in her tarot cards, hoping she might be able to read her father's turbulent mind. Neighbours know more than they let on but when a local teenagers goes missing it's no longer clear who she can trust.

Journal Entry 5 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, January 2, 2022
I found this book rather strange, I really wanted to love it but I found it really hard going. It tells the story of a young teenage girl who lives with her father in poverty following the disappearance of her mother. It’s never quite clear whether her mother has been killed or just walked out on the family and the novel twists its way to uncover the truth.

The problem is, it’s not really clear what the focus of the book actually is. It could easily have gone multiple ways - the disappearance of Lauren’s mum, her relationship with her dad, or a connection to the spirit world. All of these are futilely attempted to be brought together, but ultimately this means none of them really click. There’s a lot to like about this novel, but it eventually falls short. There is suspense and intrigue but the lack of full focus on one element means we end up being left in rural purgatory.

Journal Entry 6 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Exeter, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, January 2, 2022

Released 4 mos ago (1/3/2022 UTC) at Exeter, Devon United Kingdom

I have copied a new front page on card and plastic coated it in the hope it can travel a little longer. I must say I smiled as I read this with pages stuck together due to bite marks. My cat Mylo did something similar to a book when I first got him.

I am adding this to the Just a Word bookring.

Journal Entry 7 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 21, 2022
Taken from Just a Word Bookring. The teeth marks fade out at about page 40!