Reeves and Mortimer

by Bruce Dessau | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by lucycat of Hull, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/28/2004
Journal Entry 1 by lucycat from Hull, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 28, 2004
From the back cover:

Vic Reeves Big Night Out, The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer, Shooting Stars - three TV shows which have changed the face of British comedy. But who are Reeves and Mortimer? How did they develop their unique brand of hilarious anarchy? And who exactly was the Man with the Stick?

Another one liberated from my boy's bookcases...will get him to add a review to this journalling when he's got a spare minute - meanwhile, it's now up for grabs! :O)

Journal Entry 2 by lucycat at on Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Released 17 yrs ago (7/2/2005 UTC) at

Update 29/6/05

In an Unconventional move, I've had a bit of a cull of the TBR Monster...erm...I mean Mountain. This will be tripping off to Brum with me on Friday & hopefully going home with a new, altogether more eager reader on Saturday...

Enjoy the book - and safe journey! :O)

Journal Entry 3 by Vroomfondel from Shipley, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 2, 2005
Picked up at the BookCrossing UK Unconvention in Birmingham.

Journal Entry 4 by Vroomfondel from Shipley, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 6, 2005
A good book and an interesting story, of how Vic and Bob made it from unknowns in South London to nationally-acclaimed TV stars by pursuing a career path that no one before them had trod.

It's a very affectionate book, written by someone who has there close to the beginning of their rise to fame. It would appear that Messrs Reeves and Mortimer both gave interviews, so it's definitely not a hatchet job on the lives or work. Definitely worth a read if you're into contemporary comedy.

Updated 10 January: Taken to tonight's Hull and East Riding BookCrossing meet

Journal Entry 5 by Olliebear from Hull, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Can't believe I haven't seen this book before! I love Vic & Bob! I have even seen them live.

Anyway, thanks for this I can't wait to read it.