Aunt Dimity's Death

by NANCY ATHERTON | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPaulanniwing of Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on 1/29/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingPaulanniwing from Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Friday, January 29, 2021
"Lori Shepherd thought Aunt Dimity was just a character in a bedtime story, until the Dickensian law firm of Willis & Willis summons her to a reading of the woman's will. Down-on-her-luck Lori learns she's about to inherit a sizable estate - if she can discover the secret hidden in a treasure trove of letters in Dimity's English country cottage. What begins as a fairy tale becomes a mystery - and a ghost story - in an improbably cozy setting, as Aunt Dimity's indomitable spirit leads Lori on an otherworldly quest to discover how, in this life, true love can conquer all." (from the back cover)

A Penquin Mystery, 1992. Paperback. 245 pages.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPaulanniwing at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Friday, July 16, 2021
When starting to read this novel, I was expecting a murder mystery. Yes, this is a mystery alright, but whether there is a crime involved is for the reader to find out. There are puzzles to be solved, there is some magic and romance, and a lovely English cottage. Light reading on a hot summer day.

Country challenge (Finnish forum): USA, UK. Also, Bill (one of the main characters) has spent a couple of years in the Peace Corps in Swaziland.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPaulanniwing at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Friday, July 16, 2021

Released 10 mos ago (7/16/2021 UTC) at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland

The book is ready to travel to the winner of the Tea & Mystery/Thriller sweeps. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy this light, cozy mystery.

Journal Entry 4 by Ninas_BookNook at Yorktown, Virginia USA on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
I received this book as the winner of the summer 2021 Tea & Mystery Sweeps. It looks like a quick read perfect for a lazy summer day but for now it will go on my TBR pile. Thank you, Paulanni, for the book and teas!

Journal Entry 5 by Ninas_BookNook at Nina's Book Nook Little Free Library in Yorktown, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 15, 2022

Released 4 mos ago (1/17/2022 UTC) at Nina's Book Nook Little Free Library in Yorktown, Virginia USA

I just finished reading this delightful book and this was my review on Goodreads:
"I really enjoyed this book as a welcome break from reality. The characters are sweet, the story is charming, and the events somewhat predictable, but I came away from reading it with a happy feeling inside. I rate it a 3.5 (out of 5)."

This book will be featured as "Tuesday's Title" on the Nina's Book Nook Facebook page and then released into the little free library in hopes that someone picks it up.

Journal Entry 6 by Ninas_BookNook at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (3/29/2022 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New Hampshire USA

This book is becoming part of the "Around the World" book box
and will represent North America (USA) or, alternatively Europe (England). Sending it on to the next recipient.

Journal Entry 7 by wingJ4Shawwing at Boise, Idaho USA on Monday, May 23, 2022