The House of Mirth

by Edith Wharton | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1 84022 419 3 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 12/5/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, December 5, 2020
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

From fantasticfiction.com
The House of Mirth is the novel that first established the literary reputation of Pulitzer Prize-winner Edith Wharton. In it, she honed her devastating acerbic style, created one of her most memorable heroines in Lily Bart, and discovered her defining theme: the vulgarity, greed, human frailty, and false social values that form the true foundation of New York society.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, December 5, 2020

Released 11 mos ago (12/7/2020 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

Going to my partner in the UK Secret Santa, I saw this on your wishlist, hope you enjoy it :-)

Merry Christmas!

Journal Entry 3 by suedo at Redditch, Worcestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 26, 2020
looking forward to it, many thanks for a lovely secret santa parcel

Journal Entry 4 by suedo at Redditch, Worcestershire United Kingdom on Friday, January 22, 2021
A gripping read, one that kept me up when I should have gone to sleep.

Journal Entry 5 by nordie at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, October 21, 2021
Donated by Suedo for releasing