Skating to Antarctica

by Jenny Diski | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by Scooby-Gill on 10/24/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Scooby-Gill on Saturday, October 24, 2020
Skating to Antarctica' is both an intimate memoir and a captivating travelogue of a journey to the bottom of the world.

Journal Entry 2 by Scooby-Gill at Crantock Rushy Green in Crantock, Cornwall United Kingdom on Saturday, November 14, 2020

Released 2 yrs ago (11/14/2020 UTC) at Crantock Rushy Green in Crantock, Cornwall United Kingdom

Released into our Bookcrossing geocache.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Crantock, Cornwall United Kingdom on Saturday, October 16, 2021
I found this book whilst I was walking my dog out at crantock, this book was in a geocache specifically designed for bookcrossing, i have left three books in the geocache to replace this one

Journal Entry 4 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 16, 2021
I very much enjoyed reading this one. It was very well written and very interesting

Journal Entry 5 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Holiday Gift Giving, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Released 1 yr ago (11/22/2021 UTC) at Holiday Gift Giving, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Now going off to a member of the Holiday Gift Giving Exchanbe

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!

Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

***Please Note***

Journal Entry 6 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 26, 2021
Thank you Abi-Gibby for the HGG surprise which I opened yesterday on Christmas day. It looks interesting.

Journal Entry 7 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 27, 2022
This was very different to how I expected. At times I felt great empathy towards the narrator, and at other times (mostly towards the beginning) she irritated me. I loved the feelings she described towards her cabin on the ship. They were so complex, and yet somehow so well explained. The Antarctica ended up taking second place in the book's attention, but that was ok in an odd sort of way.

Journal Entry 8 by wingLittleSuzwing at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 27, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (11/28/2022 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Taken to the meetup.

If you are new to bookcrossing - welcome and congratulations for finding a book! Please leave a journal entry to let me and any other readers know where it has gone and what you thought of it.

Journal Entry 9 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Caught at the Old Gang Meet up. Thank you!

Journal Entry 10 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, December 2, 2022
Although I'd heard of this author, I think this is the first of their books I've read. I thought it was a really interesting account of a dysfunctional family. I also liked how she coped with being on holiday on board a boat with people whose views she did not agree with!

Released 1 mo ago (12/2/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library - Meadows Community Garden in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Set free in the Little Free Library. Happy reading!