Of Mice and Men

by John Steinbeck | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by sunny27 of Gympie, Queensland Australia on 4/25/2004
Journal Entry 1 by sunny27 from Gympie, Queensland Australia on Sunday, April 25, 2004
Lennie is a simple-minded giant of a man who relies on George to protect and guide him through life. George swings between love and resentment of his charge, who is his own worst enemy a lot of the time, and eventually has to make the most difficult choice of any man's life.

Released on Sunday, May 16, 2004 at Sent to another bookcrosser - RABCK in Brisbane, A RABCK Controlled Releases.

Sent to SwissToni as an RABCK for being such a nice boy.

Journal Entry 3 by SwissToni on Friday, May 21, 2004
I'm touched. Really, genuinely touched by the kindness of a bookcrosser (and kindred spirit, I think) from so far away.
Good on yer!

Well, it's only taken me 16 years and a pandemic to get me to read this 95 page all-time classic. And? Well, it's an all time classic, isn't it? I knew what happened before even beginning to read, but that didn't stop me getting sucked into the whole beautiful tragedy of it. "As sometimes happens, a moment settled and hovered and remained for much more than a moment. And sound stopped and movement stopped for much, much more than a moment”. Thanks Deb. It's lovely. Of course it is.