The Norfolk Mystery

by Ian Sansom | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingCassandra2020wing of Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on 8/17/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingCassandra2020wing from Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, August 17, 2020
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free). If you join, you’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry for this specific copy of this book (other copies of the book are travelling with their own ID number. Every copy of every book has a unique ID).

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, Cassandra2020, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry then a release note: either 'controlled' if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a 'wild' release if you are leaving it somewhere hoping for anyone to catch.

Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 2 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 19, 2020
The Norfolk Mystery by Ian Sansom - OK

Another 'first in the series' and a promising start.

Set in the the 1930s and trying to emulate the golden age of crime we are introduced to Stephen Sefton newly returned from fighting in the Spanish Civil War. He's broke, has a certain amount of PTSD going on and is in desperate need of a job and better lodgings. He sees a job advert where 'intelligence is essential' and soon finds himself working for Professor Swanton Morley an eccentric author that churns out books by the dozen!

Having decided to write a history of England county by county, they set off for Norfolk and almost immediately discover a corpse and get drawn into murder, mystery and intrigue.

Interesting set of characters and I quite liked Stephen Sefton. Professor Morley alternates between annoying and fascinating and I'm still not sure whether I'd get infuriated by him in subsequent books. There's only one way to find out and if I spot the next in the series I'll read it... if I don't, well I shalln't actually be searching it out. Lots of other books to read first.

Journal Entry 3 by wingCassandra2020wing at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, November 24, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (11/27/2022 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Although this book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com, you don't have to be a member. It's perfectly OK to just take the book and enjoy it. Of course, if you can visit the website and let us know that you've picked it up, that would be even better - you don't even have to join, you can add your comments anonymously - you can also post your review when you've read it, then return it or pass it on to someone else.

If you do join Bookcrossing, you'll be able to see what happens to it afterwards - for ever!

Journal Entry 4 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Caught at the Old Gang Meet up. Thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, December 2, 2022
Well, I gave this one a go but I didn't finish it. I'd like to hear what other readers think though, so will probably keep it for the next meet up or a bookbox.

Released 1 mo ago (12/18/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library - Meadows Community Garden in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Set free in the Little Free Library. Happy reading!