Time and Tide

by Shirley McKay | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingkinediwing of Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on 8/6/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingkinediwing from Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Thursday, August 6, 2020
1582, St Andrews. In the swell of a storm, a battered ship is wrecked in St Andrews harbour. Aboard is a young Flemish sailor - the only survivor. The cargo of the ship appears a welcome windfall but it soon brings devastation to the town as petty squabbling turns to hysteria and tragedy. Hew traces the ship to its source in Ghent, where he uncovers a strange secret. Unwilling to allow the law to take its course, he returns once more to the role of advocate and finds his deepest principles being tested to the core.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Sunday, August 9, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (8/10/2020 UTC) at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom

On its way to Nu-Knees

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Since I moaned on the Forum recently about my rapidly diminishing supply of books, kind and generous BookCrossing friends have been rushing to my rescue with additional stocks. . . .
Thank you very much, kinedi, for the lovely parcel that arrived this morning. I'm feeling quite spoilt!
The time and place for this, 1582, St Andrews, appeals because I enjoy historical mysteries and because I have very fond memories of various visits to beautiful Fife, especially its coastal towns and villages.

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 26, 2020
Not the most exciting mystery I've ever read - but not the most boring either . . . a pleasantly entertaining adventure. I enjoyed visiting 16th century Scotland and the Low Countries.
Thanks again, kinedi!

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Follifoot, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (11/3/2020 UTC) at Follifoot, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Heading into West Yorkshire from North in the hands of the Royal Mail, carrying Stay Safe Greetings as we head back into Lockdown! Hey, ho! What a year!

Journal Entry 6 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 15, 2020
Royal Mail were a little slow this time. Nearly two weeks for second class!
A new author for me and this book looks right up my street. Thank Nu-Knees!

Journal Entry 7 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 17, 2021
A lot of troubleabout a windmill and bread. Very interesting as I used to be a baker in a former life or baxter as the term is in this book.
I look forward to hunting out further books in this series.

Released 4 mos ago (1/8/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library in the Museum Cafe in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Hello, lucky finder. If you're new to Bookcrossing, thank you for visiting the website.

Please take a moment to let us know you have the book - then everyone who has had it previously can follow it's journey! Then please post a review when you've read it.

If you join BookCrossing (which is FREE, SECURE and SAFE), you too, can see where it goes next..

This book is yours to keep or pass on. No strings attached!