A Parrot in the Pepper Tree

by Chris Stewart | Travel |
Registered by Chocbrownie of Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on 7/27/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Chocbrownie from Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on Monday, July 27, 2020
Included in my 3 book parcels from the #bookfairy at The Old Curiosity Bookshop in Hathern, kindly posted to me in lockdown.

Journal Entry 2 by Chocbrownie at Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on Saturday, August 1, 2020
Amusing account of Stewart’s life in Las Alpujarras, Spain. I loved the contrast with his time sheep shearing in Sweden.

Journal Entry 3 by Chocbrownie at Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (8/3/2020 UTC) at Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom

Taking a ride with a wish list book to a friendly bookcrosser!

Journal Entry 4 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, August 10, 2020
Received in the post 3 days ago from Chocbrownie. Just taken out of "quarantine" due to the coronavirus. I will very much look forward to reading the book after having enjoyed Driving Over Lemons by the same author. Thanks very much.

Journal Entry 5 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, January 3, 2021
REVIEW:-"Although I did enjoy this book I didn't think it was as good as the original one "Driving Over Lemons". However it was interesting to read of Chris' exploits both in Sweden and in Spain. I particularly liked the very unusual swimming pool and would love one like it but I doubt I'd be able to fit one into my garden."
Passing the book on to my husband as I think he will probably like it.

Journal Entry 6 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 3, 2021
My husband has just finished this book and comments as follows:-"A light-hearted insight into life in a part of Spain far away from the tourist areas. It reminded me of the sort of people that Ben Fogle comes into contact with on his TV programme 'Life in the Wild'."
Reserving the book now for Snoopy56 as I can't remember whether she said she wanted it or not. Will ask her again. She has read Driving Over Lemons.

Journal Entry 7 by daffodil-2 at Tunstead, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Released 9 mos ago (8/11/2021 UTC) at Tunstead, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was given to Snoopy56 today when we met for our first catchup since before the pandemic.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 8 by snoopy56 at Ormesby St Margaret with Scratby, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, August 28, 2021
Looking forward to reading this as i really enjoyed Driving over Lemons. I would also recommend Three Ways to Capsize a Boat.

Journal Entry 9 by snoopy56 at Ormesby St Margaret with Scratby, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 15, 2022
I enjoyed this just as much as Driving Over Lemons so now looking forward to the next book - The Almond Blossom Appreciation Society. I would love to visit this area of Spain someday.