The Frugal Gourmet Celebrates Christmas

by Jeff Smith | Cooking, Food & Wine | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingHI77wing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 10/28/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingHI77wing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Monday, October 28, 2019
The subtle stir in a pot

filled with dreams,
that all smell of Christmas.

Journal Entry 2 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, November 15, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (11/14/2019 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

I sent this book to you as a Christmas surprise! :)

It's not just a recipe book but when it has little stories and tidbits all through it. So I thought it might make particularly fun reading the holiday. And if you feel like making something as well, well there you have it!

Happy Holidays!! :D

Journal Entry 3 by wingCordelia-annewing at -- Wild released somewhere in the state, Georgia USA on Sunday, November 17, 2019
My; My! The Halloween decorations are not even down. Yet I received a box of Holiday cheer from my friend HI77. I may have to enjoy the tea and candy before Christmas. I look forward to perusing this recipe book. I'm sure I can find something within to cheer up the holidays! And H177's creative BookCrossing labels are masterpieces. I will have to save them for very special releases. I just had to reproduce the Christmas Kitties for this journal entry.

I hadn't thought of the Frugal Gourmet, Jeff Smith, in ages. His life seems tragic now. Nine men accused him of raping them when they were boys in 1997; Smith and his insurance company financially settled with eight of his accusers in 1998 and this put his cooking show off the air though no criminal charges were ever filed. Sadly, Smith died of heart disease at the age of 65 in 2004. Still, Smith seems to have had a good family life and to have accomplished much good work. His charitable endeavors continued after he was disgraced. His family and friends stayed by him. Among other things, Smith was a Methodist Minister. I like his organization of the stories of St. Francis and St. Nicholas with recipes and I will look forward to reading and exploring this book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCordelia-annewing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Thursday, November 28, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (11/28/2019 UTC) at Hutchinson, Kansas USA

Christmas, the time to connect with old friends! I am happy that HI77 decided to put me into the BookCrossing Christmas box loop this year. This gave me the opportunity to connect with my dear old friend heartthumper and her lovely mother. Happy Christmas you all! I am using HI77's stunning bookplate in another release to this box. Merry Christmas to all: https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15755257. The stories of St. Francis and St. Nicholas can never be told enough this time of year. Thank you Frugal Gourmet for reminding me!

Journal Entry 5 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Tuesday, December 10, 2019
Thank you, Cordelia-anne, for the lovely Christmas books. This is such a beautiful book with wonderful stories and recipes. Mom is already checking out mincemeat.

Journal Entry 6 by wingheartthumperwing at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, December 3, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (12/3/2021 UTC) at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sending this off on a journey in HI77’s 3rd Annual Christmas Bookbox . Safe travels little book! This was such a fun book. I really enjoyed it!

Journal Entry 7 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Tuesday, December 21, 2021
Received in the A Christmas Bookbox.

Journal Entry 8 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Friday, December 31, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (12/30/2021 UTC) at Denver, Colorado USA

Released in the Cookbook box.

Please enjoy!