How to Be Famous

by Caitlin Moran | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0091948991 Global Overview for this book
Registered by PinnieB of Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom on 8/18/2019
Journal Entry 1 by PinnieB from Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, August 18, 2019
This book is the sequel to ‘How to build a girl’. I believe that a lot of the text in this book has already been published in the author’s newspaper columns, and the themes, plot etc are very similar to the first book. I certainly had a sense of deja vu reading it!

Caitlin Moran has a brilliant way with words, and the story is set in 1995 with lots of references to Britpop, an era I lived through and loved, so I really should have enjoyed this book. There are some very witty phrases and ‘laugh out loud’ funny parts, but I just sensed I had read it all before.

This book may not be to everyone’s taste - the characters talk very openly about drugs and sex.

The book is very repetitive, almost a reproduction, of the author’s other work and the story seemed unrealistic and too fast-paced and disjointed for me to enjoy it.

Left at the book swap shelf.