Fast Food Nation

by Eric Schlosser | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingSqNutZipswing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 8/17/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqNutZipswing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, August 17, 2019
The book the fast food industry does not want you to read.

I read this book when it 1st came out. There is also a movie of the same name.

Well written, well researched, very interesting, and very very scary. It was hard to give up McDonald's fries but I have done it and I'm doing just fine. The world did not end.

Sadly but truly one of the prices we pay for convenience.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqNutZipswing at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Carlyle Center) in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, August 17, 2019

Released 3 yrs ago (8/17/2019 UTC) at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Carlyle Center) in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Released at the BCinDC monthly meet-up. Being released for the 2019 Books Movies release Challenge hosted by "msrubble".

To the person who finds this book.....
Keep it or release it, read it or not, but please make a journal entry to let me know it's been found. Keep it, pass it on to a friend or release it into the wild.... let the journey continue.....

If you are new to BookCrossing, welcome! You can remain anonymous or join BookCrossing, it's free, spam and advertisement free and loads of fun.

By joining BookCrossing you can keep track of where the book has been and where it's going.

Journal Entry 3 by wingMelydiawing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Picked up at a recent BCinDC meetup.

Journal Entry 4 by wingRubyLadyBugwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, April 26, 2022
I found this book while preparing melydia's books for the Gaithersburg book festival and just knew that I had read it before ... but it was a LONG time ago. Here are my comments (as crrcookie) from February 2004 and the BookRay copy that got lots and lots of members reading it.

This book is pretty dry and actually quite boring in places. I got through it so quick because I sometimes skipped paragraphs and pages just to keep it moving along. Not at all what I was expecting. It does tell about the history of fast food and then goes into the industries that provide the food. Also mentioned is the issue of wages and employees within the fast food realm.

I will indeed be adding this one to the Gaithersburg pile and I hope that it finds a new reader!

Journal Entry 5 by wingBCinDCwing at Gaithersburg Book Festival in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Released 4 mos ago (5/21/2022 UTC) at Gaithersburg Book Festival in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

Members of BCinDC will be hosting a space at the Gaithersburg Book Festival where there will be a large number of books available for FREE!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

We hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!