You Forgot, But I Still Love You Reynold (The Alzheimer Tragedy)

by Betty Conger | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by congmicj of Ames, Iowa USA on 4/10/2004
Journal Entry 1 by congmicj from Ames, Iowa USA on Saturday, April 10, 2004
This book is one of two authored by my Grandmother dealing with the life of my Grandfather who struggled with Alzheimer's Disease for 15 yrs and about herself and our family as we struggled with him.

The book gives a first hand "slice-of-life" perspective on social situations and everyday life when a family must deal with Alzheimer's.

I recommend this book to those whose lives are or have been directly affected by Alzheimer's (family, caregivers, friends, etc) and to anyone who is interested in learning more about the realities of the disease and how it affects real people's lives.

Note: Both this book and its companion "Diary of Reynold, Living With Alzheimer's" depict the emotional effects of the disease in a very direct and sometimes "brutally" honest way. Some parts may be a difficult read... however, this is necessary for the reader to understand the devistating effects this terrible disease has had on thousands of families.

Journal Entry 2 by congmicj at Cafe Diem, Main St. downtown in Ames, Iowa USA on Saturday, April 10, 2004
Release planned for Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at Cafe Diem, Main St. downtown in Ames, Iowa USA.

Left on table closest to front door