The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life

by Mark Manson | Health, Mind & Body |
Registered by wingOlePintowing of Ciempozuelos, Madrid Spain on 11/6/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingOlePintowing from Ciempozuelos, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, November 6, 2018
Saw it recommended not long ago (where?) and then in an airport library. Since it's a sort of tradition bringing some book home when I travel abroad, this was the chosen.

Journal Entry 2 by wingOlePintowing at Ciempozuelos, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Interesting. What it tells does not come from ancient wisdom or a lot of psychological studies, but from the author's own experience. You may get something of it, or not.
While the idea on the title shows on each chapter, they are structured about different subjects or contexts.
As in probably every case, the enlightenment it provides to some people (like me) may be obvious for others.
I'd say it deserves another read, some time from now.

Journal Entry 3 by wingOlePintowing at Ciempozuelos, Madrid Spain on Sunday, February 28, 2021
This is going on a short trip, and expecting to come back home. I'd say it deserves a second read.

Journal Entry 4 by Cocodras at Ciempozuelos, Madrid Spain on Sunday, February 28, 2021
Olepinto me lo ha pasado esta tarde. Espero tener más éxito en la lectura en inglés que en los últimos meses.

Not so short, the trip. At least in time dimenssion. I have read it almost one year and a half after Olepinto lent it to me.

I would divide it in two parts. In the first one, chapters 1-4, the author talks about the art of not giving a fuck in general way. In the second one, chapters 5-9, he talks about five specific values. The problem, from my point of view, is that this second part is redundant. He repeats concepts. I admit he does it from the different perspective that those values give, but the readers read the same over and over again. Due to that, I got bored from the chapter 6. However, I can take interesting information from the first part. But without thrilling, it is what it is.

Thank you for sharing. I will return it to you the next time we meet.

Journal Entry 6 by Cocodras at -- Por correo, entregado en mano/ by mail, in person--, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (6/22/2022 UTC) at -- Por correo, entregado en mano/ by mail, in person--, Madrid Spain

Finally it returns to home!

Libero porque soy becera. ¡Buen viaje!