In Dubious Battle

by John Steinbeck | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 014118602X Global Overview for this book
Registered by jules5 of Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on 10/22/2018
Journal Entry 1 by jules5 from Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, October 22, 2018
Nobel prize for literature..must be worth a read!

Journal Entry 2 by jules5 at Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Thursday, December 6, 2018
Oddly disappointed with this book. From the introduction Steinbeck makes it clear this is not a critique nor did he want this novel to be a call to arms, it's simply a tell it like it is observational record of workers fighting for fair working conditions. It reads tho like a boy's own adventure..Jim goes straight into 'battle' with a language that doesn't sit right-its just so cliched...and it goes on and on, page after page of 'let's do this, but quietly does it we don't want to show our hand, but just drop in the conversation,any old conversation, that the workers are getting a rough deal' . If this is a masterpiece,I think I'll go back to Ragged Trousered and appreciate that a bit more-at least the dialogue was believable!

Released 3 yrs ago (1/27/2019 UTC) at Low coniscliffe telephone box book exchange in Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom

Welcome to bookcrossing! Hope you enjoyed this book as much as I did. Feel free to make a note about it by journaling an entry (as many or as few words as you like) then pass this book along, return it to the shelf, give to a friend or send it on its way by leaving it somewhere for others to enjoy. Better still, why not join the bookcrossing community-its free ...always!
edit | upload journal picture | delete