Mimosa Grove

by Dinah McCall | Romance |
ISBN: 0778320294 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Wandeca of Kitchener, Ontario Canada on 4/2/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Wandeca from Kitchener, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 2, 2004
I love reading stories that are set in Louisiana, being in New Orleans or in the swamp areas, I love them. And if they have a paranormal side to it, even better. And this book delivered. Great read.

Here's the blurb:

Laurel Scanlon has the gift of sight, an ability passed down to the eldest daughter of each generation. It is this gift — or curse, perhaps — that drove her own mother mad and has left Laurel unwilling to trust in love…except in her dreams.

Anxious for a new beginning, she decides to retreat to Mimosa Grove, an old estate outside Bayou Jean, Louisiana. Mimosa Grove belongs to Laurel now, bequeathed by her maternal grandmother. Laurel feels the history and tragedy here, and amidst primeval beauty she senses something…unfinished. Folks here know about her grandmother's gift and treat Laurel with the same reverence — especially when she is able to help the police find a missing girl. It is then that she sees Justin Bouvier — stranger, soul mate, the man who haunts her dreams.

But there is danger here in Mimosa Grove, not from the restless past, but from the deadly present. Laurel must be willing to trust her gift, her love for Justin and, most of all, herself, to stop tragedy and history from repeating themselves.

Journal Entry 2 by Wandeca from Kitchener, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 2, 2004
Sending this book to a friend to fulfill a wish. I hope she enjoys it.

Journal Entry 3 by Wandeca at Send through the mail in RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, April 2, 2004
Released on Friday, April 02, 2004 at Send through the mail in Gift for another Bookcrosser, RABCK Controlled Releases.

Hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 4 by hbriggs1031 from Georgetown, Texas USA on Monday, April 12, 2004
Oh boy, I love surprises. Thanks so much!!!

Journal Entry 5 by hbriggs1031 from Georgetown, Texas USA on Friday, July 16, 2004
~~~Great read. I love D M, and this is another example why. Romance, suspense, mystery, and don't forget the paranormal (aka 'the sight'), it was all here. Made for a great story. Off with HIGH Recommendations

~~~Off to Tammy.

Journal Entry 6 by TFraser from Round Rock, Texas USA on Friday, July 16, 2004
Thank you, Heather. I love books set in Louisiana.