A Medal for Murder (Kate Shackleton)

by Frances Brody | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0749941928 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 8/8/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

From fantasticfiction.co.uk

A pawn-shop robbery- It's no rest for the wicked as Kate Shackleton picks up her second professional sleuthing case. But exposing the culprit of a pawn-shop robbery turns sinister when her investigation takes her to Harrogate - and murder is only one step behind ...A fatal stabbing- A night at the theatre should have been just what the doctor ordered, until Kate stumbles across a body in the doorway. The knife sticking out of its chest definitely suggests a killer in the theatre's midst. A ransom demand- Kate likes nothing better than a mystery - and nothing better than solving them. So when a ransom note demands GBP1,000 for the safe return of the play's leading lady, the refined streets of Harrogate play host to Kate's skills in piecing together clues - and luring criminals out of their lairs ...

I read this a year or so ago and enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, August 9, 2018

Released 3 yrs ago (8/10/2018 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is on its way to my partner in the "Yorkshire Day" Exchange, hope you enjoy what I've chosen for you :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, August 26, 2018
Wow! What a lovely Yorkshire parcel you have put together for me!
I am sure I will enjoy this novel, which takes place in Harrogate... :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Reserved for Chania, for the WishList Tag; I will read it first. :)

Edited to say that Chania has found another copy since... so it will continue its search for another reader.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Currently reading it, and reserved for the Women in Fiction VBB.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, November 9, 2021
I finished reading it some days ago, but for some reason did not come round to journaling it...
I really enjoyed it, even more than "Dying in the Wool" (it's good that I am reading them in order), maybe because of its theatrical setting...
A feisty main character, Kate Shackleton, in the 20s, very advanced for her times... In this novel, she finds love, which helps her to some extent in her grieving process for her late husband (or maybe just missing?)... let's see what happens in subsequent instances.
Thanks for sharing, yorkshire-lass; I love the Yorkshire setting, and many towns and cities sound familiar to me because I have been there... :)
Now looking for a new reader...

Journal Entry 7 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, November 18, 2021

Released 2 wks ago (11/18/2021 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to Diane-Fraser, who picked it from the Women in Fiction VBB.
Enjoy!! :)

Journal Entry 8 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, November 26, 2021
Thank you. I picked it because it my kind of genre and it’s based in Yorkshire. I’m from South Yorkshire originally but know Harrogate fairly well too 😊