Here I Am: A Novel

by Jonathan Safran Foer | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by gunvor of Herlev, København Amt Denmark on 11/10/2017
Journal Entry 1 by gunvor from Herlev, København Amt Denmark on Friday, November 10, 2017
From Amazon.com:
"How do we fulfill our conflicting duties as father, husband, and son; wife and mother; child and adult? Jew and American? How can we claim our own identities when our lives are linked so closely to others’? These are the questions at the heart of Jonathan Safran Foer’s first novel in eleven years―a work of extraordinary scope and heartbreaking intimacy.

Unfolding over four tumultuous weeks in present-day Washington, D.C., Here I Am is the story of a fracturing family in a moment of crisis. As Jacob and Julia Bloch and their three sons are forced to confront the distances between the lives they think they want and the lives they are living, a catastrophic earthquake sets in motion a quickly escalating conflict in the Middle East. At stake is the very meaning of home―and the fundamental question of how much aliveness one can bear.

Showcasing the same high-energy inventiveness, hilarious irreverence, and emotional urgency that readers loved in his earlier work, Here I Am is Foer’s most searching, hard-hitting, and grandly entertaining novel yet. It not only confirms Foer’s stature as a dazzling literary talent but reveals a novelist who has fully come into his own as one of our most important writers."

Journal Entry 2 by gunvor at ARTEK in Sisimiut, Qeqqata Greenland on Thursday, January 18, 2018

Released 3 yrs ago (1/29/2018 UTC) at ARTEK in Sisimiut, Qeqqata Greenland

Velkommen til Bookcrossing!

Tak for at du fandt bogen, den har ventet på lige præcis dig! Bogen er med i et verdensbibliotek hvor bøger rejser verden rundt.

Bookcrossing fungerer som følgende:
- læs bogen
- skriv her hvad du syntes om den
- sæt den fri igen og lav en "release note" her så andre kan se hvor den er.

Har du selv bøger du vil donere til dette bibliotek så er du mere end velkommen til at registrere og sætte disse fri.

Man kan blive gratis medlem eller være anonym, det er op til en selv. Har du spørgsmål så kan du finde mig, gunvor, og på min side sende en "private message" en mail gennem bookcrossings sider.

Vigtigst af alt - jeg håber du får en god og måske anderledes læseroplevelse.