The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air)

Look! A wild book!
by holly black | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by megami-no-ushi of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 1/31/2021
Journal Entry 1 by megami-no-ushi from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 31, 2021
By #1 New York Times bestselling author Holly Black, the first book in a stunning new series about a mortal girl who finds herself caught in a web of royal faerie intrigue.

Of course I want to be like them. They're beautiful as blades forged in some divine fire. They will live forever.

And Cardan is even more beautiful than the rest. I hate him more than all the others. I hate him so much that sometimes when I look at him, I can hardly breathe.

Jude was seven years old when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King.

To win a place at the Court, she must defy him--and face the consequences.

In doing so, she becomes embroiled in palace intrigues and deceptions, discovering her own capacity for bloodshed. But as civil war threatens to drown the Courts of Faerie in violence, Jude will need to risk her life in a dangerous alliance to save her sisters, and Faerie itself.

Journal Entry 2 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, February 1, 2021

Released 10 mos ago (1/31/2021 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Put in the Book Box! This was a contender for the wrapped book exchange with Chapter one consisting of the following line "In Faerie, there are no fish sticks, no ketchup, no television." (There was a prologue though.)

To the finder:

Journal Entry 3 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 6, 2021

Released 10 mos ago (2/6/2021 UTC) at Langdon, Alberta Canada

Book Box 1 is back with me. I am removing a bunch of books as part of a clean up so am journaling everything so everything is accounted for and we know which box they end up in.

This book is being released into Book Box 1.

We may not be able to meet in person but our books can still unite us.

Journal Entry 4 by starbytes at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 8, 2021
Holly Black is one of my favorite dark fantasy authors and this book has been on my TBR. So glad to come across it in the travelling bookbox! Thank you for sharing it with me!

Update 10th July 2021: I loved this book! I ended up getting the other two books as well, and I loved them too. This has become one of my favorite series, so thank you so much for sharing it with me!

I'll be returning it at the local Bookcrossing meetup.

Journal Entry 5 by starbytes at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 10, 2021

Released 4 mos ago (7/10/2021 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing at a local Bookcrossing meetup!

Journal Entry 6 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Oops…sorry that I am so late at journaling this book, and it has been waiting very patiently.
Why did I reach out my hand for this book? One word…Faerie!
I hope that it claws it’s way to the top of my TBR Mountain Range sooner but there are so many to be read. I look forward to reading it!