Vernon God Little

by DBC Pierre | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by stealer of Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on 3/11/2004
Journal Entry 1 by stealer from Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Thursday, March 11, 2004
Good, but not for me

Journal Entry 2 by stealer at Unternehmen Mitte in Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Thursday, March 11, 2004
Released on Thursday, March 11, 2004 at Unternehmen Mitte, Zw. Barfüsser- und Märtplatz in Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland.

Journal Entry 3 by urpfi from Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Thursday, March 11, 2004
Noch ein 'nacktes' Buch (ohne BC-Label), das seinen Weg zu mir am Meet-up in Basel gefunden hat. Werde es umgehend mit Label schmücken und dann auf den TBR-Stapel legen.

Journal Entry 4 by urpfi from Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Tuesday, September 14, 2004
Well, I don't think, I would have awarded this book with any prize...

Offered as bookrelay.

Journal Entry 5 by urpfi from Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Tuesday, September 14, 2004
This book has been accepted in the "Prize Winning-Books"-bookrelay. It goes to JonAzrael. Have fun!

Journal Entry 6 by JonAzrael from Plano, Texas USA on Sunday, October 17, 2004
Received this in the mail last week - thanks to urpfi for sending it!

Journal Entry 7 by JonAzrael from Plano, Texas USA on Saturday, December 11, 2004
A wonderful story that is also a sad indictment of our media-obsessed culture. The style reads somewhat like Salinger's Catcher In The Rye, although unlike that novel, actual has a story to tell. The ending seemed a little abrupt for my liking, but otherwise I enjoyed it from start to finish. Those of a sensitive persuasion may want to be wary of some of the language used though...

Vernon Gregory Little stands accused of being an accessory to the murders of his classmates, all killed in a Columbine-style attack, in a small town in central Texas. The town, in its grief, continue to point the finger and the TV news cameras at him as his family and life fall apart, until his only recourse is escape. Will he find safety or redemption?

Journal Entry 8 by JonAzrael from Plano, Texas USA on Monday, January 2, 2006
To be sent in a bookbox

Journal Entry 9 by beekeeper40 from Hoveton, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, February 16, 2006
Chosen out of bookbox!

Released 15 yrs ago (9/25/2006 UTC) at Mailed to next particpant in by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Released into my first bookbox - Beekeeper40's Bookbox.

Journal Entry 11 by KaKo27 from Sarisbury Green, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, February 26, 2007
I took the book out of Beekeeper40's bookbox.

Journal Entry 12 by KaKo27 from Sarisbury Green, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 26, 2009
At first I thought I wouldn't finish this book. I was getting depressed by the description of the bleak life of Vernon and his mother and her friends you only could describe as white trash. But I was touched by Vernon's thoughts about life, by his Mum's friend Pam who was in a weird way caring for him and even Lassalle's "preachings" in prison.
In the end I quite enjoyed it, even if I didn't find it a "showpiece of superb comic writing" and
"... ridiculously funny first novel..." as stated on the back of the book.

Journal Entry 13 by KaKo27 at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 31, 2011
I am adding this book to RiffRaffs Rather Random Bookbox. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 14 by riffraff71 at Benfleet, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Came home in my book box.Thank you :)

Journal Entry 15 by riffraff71 at Turriff , Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, January 22, 2022
I have had this sitting in my bookcase for over a decade now so I thought I should try it. I'm afraid I didn't get into it.

Planning on releasing this somewhere near Cruden Bay when we go geocaching. Hoping if it's found by a geocacher they may be more inclined to log it! It's been travelling so long and covered such a distance that I'm really hoping it gets picked up.