A Faint Cold Fear

by Karin Slaughter | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by librarie of Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on 2/28/2004
Journal Entry 1 by librarie from Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, February 28, 2004
This is the third book featuring the Heartsdale medical examiner (Sara Linton) and police chief (Jeffrey Tolliver), a divorced couple. I read this quite soon after reading the first two and have to admit to starting to feel a bit overwhelmed by some of the brutal events that happen in them. I'm also a bit irritated that members of the same family manage to be in just the wrong place and get involved in dangerous and life-threatening events. This didn't stop me from enjoying the book, as the quality of the writing and plotting as well as the fully developed characters make this another compelling book.

On this occasion, Sara and Jeffrey become involved in the investigation of two apparent suicides. Meanwhile, Lena has left the police and is working as a security guard on the college campus.

This is a hardback copy

Journal Entry 2 by talkland from Eastbourne, East Sussex United Kingdom on Sunday, May 23, 2004
'Librarie' delivered this in person on Thursday evening. She is on holiday from Sweden visiting her family and knew that she would be passing though the town sometime during her stay. It was a lovely surprise and Librarie is the first BookCrosser [apart from family and friends] I have met. It was a shame Librarie had to dash off but thank you for the book. I hope you have a nice time in England.

When I have finished this I will be passing it on to another BookCrosser who is a fan of Karin Slaughter and has read the first two books.

Journal Entry 3 by talkland from Eastbourne, East Sussex United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 23, 2004
I didn't think that this was as good as the first two books but compared to other crime novels out there at the moment this is still pretty good. Lena the ex-cop is going off the rails, Sara and Jeffrey's relationship is ticking along nicely but Sara's family life is in crisis. At the centre of all this is a spate of suicides at the local college, or are they...

Journal Entry 4 by talkland at on Wednesday, June 23, 2004
Released on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 at to my sister in Eastbourne, East Sussex, England, in Controlled Releases.

Going to give this to Claire, my big little sis when I see her next [she is also a BXer].