Into The River (Large Print 16pt)

by Ted Dawe | Teens |
Registered by winglytteltonwitchwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 9/26/2015
Journal Entry 1 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, September 26, 2015
I had never heard of this New Zealand author or the book until it was banned about a month ago. I was then curious to read it and managed to download a copy onto my kindle but only because I have a UK account as they were even stopping downloads if you were in NZ. It is a brilliant book and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Yesterday I received a parcel from the US and the parcel contained two copies of the book. I have no idea who sent me the books as the parcel was addressed to my real name but I wish to thank them for the books.
After reading the book I just can't understand why the book was banned. The book subject is about a young boy caught between two different worlds who is subjected to bullying from other teenagers and also from his teachers. Yes there are swear words and a couple of sex scenes but they not the main theme of the book.

Journal Entry 2 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, September 28, 2015

Released 6 yrs ago (9/27/2015 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Posted to another bookcrosser. Enjoy the book and I am sure that you will find it an interesting read.

Journal Entry 3 by wingdiscoveryloverwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, October 2, 2015
Like Lyttletonwitch, I only really heard about this book because it's been banned. Thanks very much for passing it on to me!

Journal Entry 4 by davemurray101 at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Picked up at the Wellington Bookcrossing Meetup

Released 2 yrs ago (1/5/2020 UTC) at Cuba Street in Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

Dear Reader. Thank you for picking up this book! Please make a journal entry here to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by Discoverylover. I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading. Whenever you’re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it "in the wild" again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.