The Fourth Bear

by Jasper Fforde | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by slipperbunny of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 8/10/2015
Journal Entry 1 by slipperbunny from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, August 10, 2015
"The Gingerbreadman—psychopath, sadist, genius, and killer—is on the loose. But it isn’t Jack Spratt’s case. He and Mary Mary have been demoted to Missing Persons following Jack’s poor judgment involving the poisoning of Mr. Bun the baker. Missing Persons looks like a boring assignment until a chance encounter leads them into the hunt for missing journalist Henrietta “Goldy” Hatchett, star reporter for The Daily Mole. Last to see her alive? The Three Bears, comfortably living out a life of rural solitude in Andersen’s wood. "

I'm not sure where I got this book from. Probably bought from London. The first volume of this series wasn't that great, but I loved The Fourth Bear and I can't wait to read more. I'm trying to read now as much as I can from Fforde because he's coming to Finland next year.

Journal Entry 2 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (5/24/2016 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Here's the book I offered you. =) I hope you'll enjoy this!

Journal Entry 3 by glade1 at Greensboro, North Carolina USA on Friday, June 10, 2016
Received in the mail yesterday. I had forgotten about the offer so this was a great surprise! Not sure when I'll get it read but it's safe with lots of company on Mt. TBR!

Thank you for the kind RABCK, slipperbunny!

Journal Entry 4 by glade1 at McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Monday, June 28, 2021
I love Jasper Fforde! His books are witty, sweet, and intriguing. He loves to play with language and he has apparently unlimited creativity! His books are funny but his world building is so good I really am interested in what happens to the characters. Excellent!

Journal Entry 5 by glade1 at Cone Health Moses Cone Hospital in Greensboro, North Carolina USA on Thursday, July 1, 2021

Released 5 mos ago (7/1/2021 UTC) at Cone Health Moses Cone Hospital in Greensboro, North Carolina USA

Congratulations! You have found a BookCrossing book, which is traveling around in search of new readers. Please take a moment to note where you found the book, and, if you can, spend some time browsing the site.

BookCrossing is a community of readers with a mission to share books by "releasing" them into the wild, as well as trading and sharing with each other. Our forums are a wonderful place to chat with other readers about what you are reading and anything else that's on your mind. It's lots of fun!

Once you are finished with this book, please take the time to make another journal entry telling what you thought about it and where it's going next. Thanks!