Hard Magic (Paranormal Scene Investigations #1)

An Educated Dragon
by Laura Anne Gilman | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Tribefan of Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on 3/1/2016
Journal Entry 1 by Tribefan from Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Welcome to P.U.P.I.—Private, Unaffiliated, Paranormal Investigations

A handpicked team trained to solve crimes the regular police can't touch—crimes of magic.

My name's Bonnie Torres. Recent college grad, magic user and severely unemployed. Until I got a call out of nowhere to interview for a job I hadn't applied for. It smelled fishy, but the brutal truth was I needed the work—so off I went.

Two days later I'm a PUPI—me and Nick, Sharon, Nifty and Pietr. Five twentysomethings, thrown into an entirely new career in forensic magic.

The first job we get is a doozy: proving that the deaths of two Talents were murder, not suicide. Worse, there are high-profile people who want us to close up shop and go away. We're sniffing out things they'd rather keep buried.

Looks as if this job is gonna get interesting. The only problem is, we're making it up as we go along….

Journal Entry 2 by Tribefan at BookObsessed.com, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 19, 2018

Released 3 yrs ago (5/19/2018 UTC) at BookObsessed.com, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases

Bookcrossing: n. the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise.
- from the Concise Oxford English Dictionary

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry on the BookCrossing site (www.bookcrossing.com) to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by Tribefan. I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading. Whenever you’re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Journal Entry 3 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Sunday, January 27, 2019
This came from a box of books Tribefan sent to me in 2018. They have been patiently waiting to be journaled. This book got here safely :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Thursday, November 28, 2019
I finished this and absolutely loved it. The idea that magic is a current like electricity was such a different look at how it works. You sent me book three, and I'm currently waiting on book 2 to get here to continue on.

Journal Entry 5 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Friday, October 23, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (10/24/2020 UTC) at Evanston, Illinois USA

This is going out in a birthday package to booksnbeer. Happy reading and a belated happy birthday!

Journal Entry 6 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Saturday, April 3, 2021

Released 8 mos ago (4/3/2021 UTC) at Evanston, Illinois USA

This is finally winging it's way to you booksnbeer. Again Happy Birthday! I will pass along book four your way once I finish reading it!

Journal Entry 7 by BooksnBeer at Annandale, Virginia USA on Sunday, April 11, 2021
WooHoo!! Thank you. Thank You!!! Now, I have book one. I acquired book two and three awhile ago. Now, I can start this series. ; -)