Room: A Novel

by Emma Donoghue | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Crataegus of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 6/13/2015
Journal Entry 1 by Crataegus from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 13, 2015
Welcome to Bookcrossing! The book you're holding is now yours - no strings attached. Feel free to enjoy it, or pass it along but please feel free to leave me a note to let me know it has found a safe new home. If you choose to do so, you can leave an anonymous note, or you can register for Bookcrossing, and receive alerts on where this book ends up next!

From book flap:
"To five-year-old Jack, Room is the world... It's where he was born, it's where he an Ma eat and sleep and play and learn. There are endless wonders that let loose Jack's imagination - the snake under Bed that he constructs out of eggshells; the imaginary world projected through the TV; the coziness of Wardrobe beneath Ma's clothes, where she tucks him in safely at night, in case Old Nick comes.

Room is home to Jack, but to Ma, it's the prison where she's been held since she was nineteen - for seven long years. Through her fierce love for her son, she has created a life for him in that eleven-by-eleven-foot space. But Jack's curiosity is building alongside Ma's own desperation, and she knows that Room cannot contain either indefinitely...

Told in the inventive, funny, and poignant voice of Jack, Room is a celebration of resilience - and a powerful story of a mother and son whose love lets them survive the impossible."

Journal Entry 2 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 9, 2015
Brought this home from the August BookCrossing meeting.

Journal Entry 3 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, October 28, 2016
I put off reading this book as I thought it would be sad. So glad I finally read it. It was filled with hope and love. I found it interesting to read about how Jack responds to the outside world. I wonder if this is really how children see the world as they experience things for the first time.

Journal Entry 4 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 12, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (11/12/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the November BookCrossing meeting to be enjoyed by the next reader.

Journal Entry 5 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 13, 2016
Picked this up at the Calgary meetup. We had six members join us which is the smallest meeting we have had in around two years! The number of people sure didn't translate to less books... I brought home too many!

Journal Entry 6 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 12, 2017
This was a really well written book. I found it very hard to read though. I have a two year old and could not imagine keeping her entertained in such a small place. This book gave me anxiety as I felt stressed just thinking about it!

Journal Entry 7 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 12, 2017

Released 4 yrs ago (8/12/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Journal Entry 8 by L-Marie at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 13, 2017
Picked this pick up at our August meeting.

Journal Entry 9 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Thursday, May 13, 2021
Got this from L-Marie so that I could get it back into circulation.

Journal Entry 10 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Thursday, May 13, 2021

Released 6 mos ago (5/13/2021 UTC) at Langdon, Alberta Canada

I am adding this to Book Box 1 so that it can find a new reader. This is our solution to COVID and not being able to meet in person. Hopefully it will find a new reader.

Journal Entry 11 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, September 12, 2021
I pulled ROOM out of the Traveling Book Box because it is the same author as Frog Music which I had registered some time ago, released it to our group and just received back. Well! I am glad that summer is almost over, I will have a reason to be indoors and read…hopefully.
Stay safe folks!