Silenced (#2 Frederika Bergman series)

by Kristina Ohlsson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingJ4Shawwing of Boise, Idaho USA on 3/5/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingJ4Shawwing from Boise, Idaho USA on Thursday, March 5, 2015
About the Book
From the winner of the 2012 Stabilo Prize for Best Crime Writer of Southern Sweden, comes the second installment of the Frederika Bergman crime series.

A teenage girl was assaulted and raped on a midsummer’s eve fifteen years ago. Cut to present: a man is killed in a hit and run. He has no identification on him and is not reported missing. The same day, a priest and his wife are found dead in an apparent suicide.

Fredrika Bergman and her colleagues are assigned to all three of the seemingly unrelated cases. What is the thread of evil that connects them all?

Journal Entry 2 by wingJ4Shawwing at Bayles, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Released 6 yrs ago (3/11/2015 UTC) at Bayles, Victoria Australia

MY REVIEW
Kristina Ohlsson is a political scientist and has previously worked for the Swedish Security Service and as a Counter-Terrorism Officer, and she writes really good crime fiction.
This being the 2nd instalment to the 'Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht' series, I was instantly absorbed into familiar territory (having read the first novel) and I once again, really enjoyed the journey it took me on.
BUT I found that on this occasion it narked me somewhat that 100 or so pages from the end, you the reader has already figured most, if not all of the 'who dunnit' and get somewhat frustrated at the investigators for not figuring it out.
This was a bit of a new one on me, and I cannot recall if the same was true for the 1st book, but I think I have only ever been exposed to an 'all is revealed at the end' kind of crime mystery/triller read.
Jury is still out on how much I enjoyed this book, but I will be seeking the 3rd book in the series, so I guess that is a bit of an indicator.

I read this book for the 666 for 2015 - An Around the World Reading Challenge .

This is off in a BookBag for the March 2015 Templestow Meet-up that I am unable to attend.

Released 4 yrs ago (9/5/2017 UTC) at --- Wild Released Somewhere In Melbourne in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

Off to the book swap for Indigenous Literacy Day at 500 Bourke St.