The Last Sunrise

by Robert Ryan | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0755321901 Global Overview for this book
Registered by 4evagreen of Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 9/23/2014
Journal Entry 1 by 4evagreen from Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Spotted this in a Healthy Planet store and could not resist picking up as had read previous books by the same author.

Journal Entry 2 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 26, 2022
The narrative shuttles between 1941, 1943/44 and 1948, and draws on real historical events. Yet despite the changes in the timeline, this is a straightforward tale of wartime adventure and romance.

Whilst the flying scenes are well written and the overall story is reasonably engaging peppered with various action sequences I felt it lacked drama and any real surprises. Crane, as the principled but naive pilot, is well drawn but the minor characters (the femme fatale, the scheming spies, the resourceful but straight-laced young operative etc) failed to really sparkle.

Overall I found this a pleasant, quick and easy read, but not as good as others that I've read by the same author.

Journal Entry 3 by 4evagreen at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 27, 2022

Released 3 mos ago (1/27/2022 UTC) at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Going out to someone with a similar taste in books to my own to hopefully make a new friend. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 29, 2022
Book arrived safely today along with its surprise friend. Thank you very much.