The Girl on the Train

by Paula Hawkins | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by choclaholic of Fort Worth, Texas USA on 8/3/2021
Journal Entry 1 by choclaholic from Fort Worth, Texas USA on Tuesday, August 3, 2021
I first heard about this book years ago, but I'm not much of a murder-mystery girl, so although it got good reviews, I decided to give it a pass then. A few months ago, I watched the Hindi-language version of this story on Netflix, which was enjoyable. Other reviews of that film said it did not compare to either the American version or the book version which were so much better. That inspired me to pick up the book, which I found very cheaply in gently-used paper back form.

I did enjoy this book quite a lot, which centered on three flawed women in a love quadrilateral, falsely envying each others lives.

Trigger warning: emotional abuse and physical violence against women may make the book difficult to finish for some, but you may enjoy the female centric who-dunnit.

For those who like that sort of thing, its a good poolside time pass. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by choclaholic at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas USA on Sunday, August 8, 2021

Released 1 yr ago (8/8/2021 UTC) at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas USA

At a table in the lobby of The Harrison building