The Inheritance of Loss

by Kiran Desai | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingsota48wing of Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on 4/10/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingsota48wing from Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on Thursday, April 10, 2014
In the north-eastern Himalayas, at the foot of Mount Kanchenjunga, in a crumbling isolated house, there lives a cantankerous old judge, who wants nothing more than to retire in peace. But with the arrival of his orphaned granddaughter, Sai, and the son of his chatty cook trying to make his way in the US and stay a step ahead of the immigration services, this is far from easy.

When a Nepalese insurgency threatens the blossoming romance between Sai and her handsome tutor, they, too, are forced to consider their colliding interests. And the judge must revisit his past, his own journey and his role in this grasping world of conflicting desires - every moment holding out the possibility of hope or betrayal."

This book has been donated to BookCrossing by a friend. I have my own copy so I'm letting this go.

Journal Entry 2 by wingsota48wing at Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on Sunday, November 28, 2021
I'm sorry to say I never got around to read this novel. The printing is so small it gives me a headache.