And Then There Were Nuns: Adventures in a Cloistered Life

by Jane Christmas | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by nada50 of Baltimore, Ontario Canada on 4/7/2014
Journal Entry 1 by nada50 from Baltimore, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 7, 2014
Enjoy all Jane's books and this one is unique about her spiritual journey - not everyone's cup of tea for sure but appreciated the author allowing us in to her personal struggles.

Journal Entry 2 by nada50 at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, April 7, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (4/12/2014 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Enjoy & pass along!

Journal Entry 3 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 13, 2014
Picked up at the April meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers.

Journal Entry 4 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Interesting, but i bailed at page 70 because I just know I don't have enough interest to stick with the whole story.

Journal Entry 5 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 13, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (12/13/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at the December meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 6 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, December 15, 2014
I went to the December meeting at Cravings and came home with TWENTY BOOKS!!! Now for the reading of them, plus the many on my pile.

Journal Entry 7 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 8, 2016
Mixed feelings about the book. It dragged a bit in places but it was a humerous look at exploring the idea of becoming a nun. Had some thoughtful spots.

Journal Entry 8 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 8, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (10/8/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am bringing this book to pass along to a fellow BookCrossers at the October meetup.

Journal Entry 9 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 8, 2016
Another interesting book passed across the table to me. Thank you!

Journal Entry 10 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, October 11, 2019
I am very happy to report that I am almost finished reading this wonderful book, but also sad that I will be finishing “And Then There were Nuns” very soon. Who knew that I would be so caught up in the story of this Canadian woman’s experiences as she searches for her true path in life as a nun. I am reading the part where the author is writing about women being priests, and I can’t agree with her more. There is actually a monthly mass here in Calgary with a woman Roman Catholic priest officiating. One day I will go to mass again.
I do have a request. Every year, I take part in the Yorkshire Day Exchange in Bookcrossing and so much of Jane Christmas’ story takes place in Yorkshire. Would you please allow me to reserve this book to be posted in next year’s exchange?
Time to stop reading, and get ready for work, I am going to be late...

Journal Entry 11 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 11, 2021

Released 4 mos ago (7/11/2021 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

This book was released at our first post-COVID Calgary a Bookcrossing meetup yesterday. It was amazing to see everyone again!

Welcome to Bookcrossing! The book you are holding is now yours - no strings attached. To let me know it has found a new owner and that it will be enjoyed by a new reader, please consider leaving a message by leaving an entry on this book. You do not need an account to leave a message, however if you consider signing up, you can find out where this book goes and who enjoys it after you.