Fool's Errand

by Robin Hobb | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingMetaCafewing of Sturgis, Michigan USA on 1/11/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wingMetaCafewing from Sturgis, Michigan USA on Sunday, January 11, 2004
Engaging story of a hero's journey back into the spot light to save the young prince from certain doom. Humorous and truthful, if fantasy can be that :)

Journal Entry 2 by wingMetaCafewing at MetaCafe, the 103 W. Chicago Rd. in Sturgis, Michigan USA on Sunday, January 11, 2004
Released on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at The MetaCafe 103 W. Chicago Rd. in Sturgis, Michigan USA.

Guerrila Reading shelf

Journal Entry 3 by daidy on Sunday, June 6, 2004
Picked up at Meta to pass on to another BCer

Reserved for PDB11

Journal Entry 4 by PDB11 from Oakhill, Somerset United Kingdom on Friday, August 20, 2004
Arrived safely. Many thanks!

I've heard a lot about Robin Hobb, but never read any, so I'm looking forward to this.

Journal Entry 5 by PDB11 from Oakhill, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, November 8, 2004
This was my first Robin Hobb, and I shall certainly be looking out for more. This is the first book of the trilogy, but the seventh of the series, so I can't help wondering what I've missed; but the story works very well in isolation, without the open ending I was dreading from the first book in a trilogy.

The characters come alive, and have to deal with very real problems, and even if the prose is less polished than some authors, and the book a trifle long, I was really drawn in. I'm looking forward to reading more of this series - and I especially want to find out what becomes of Jinna and Fennel...

I'll keep this for the moment, and maybe pass it on when I've read it again.

Journal Entry 6 by PDB11 from Oakhill, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 4, 2006
I've read the rest of the trilogy, and I don't think I'll want to read them all again, so this is now up for grabs.

Edited to add: I left it on top of a ticket machine in the Ludgate Hill car park in Birmingham on Saturday 8 April.

Journal Entry 7 by sparkwithme from Worcester, Worcestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 8, 2006
found it on top of the pay machine at a car park... the pleasure of being tall. will start to read it this weekend.

CAUGHT IN BIRMINGHAM WEST MIDLANDS ENGLAND

Enjoyed this, although it took me a bit of time to get into it. But after about a third way thru I couldn't put it down. Will search for others by Robin Hobb and release this one when I get a interesting opportunity... like a medieval fair!!