Icy Sparks

by Gwyn Hyman Rubio | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0142000205 Global Overview for this book
Registered by pandaboo20874 of Germantown, Maryland USA on 12/31/2003
Journal Entry 1 by pandaboo20874 from Germantown, Maryland USA on Wednesday, December 31, 2003
I was disappointed with the ending.

Journal Entry 2 by pandaboo20874 at Controlled release in Germantown, Maryland -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, January 3, 2004
Released on Friday, January 02, 2004 at Controlled release in Germantown, Maryland Controlled Releases.

Released to jmg49.

Journal Entry 3 by pandaboo20874 from Germantown, Maryland USA on Monday, January 5, 2004
I am starting a bookray for Icy Sparks. The following people are in line to get the book:

jmg49
summerbreeze
tootshelling
snootchy
MsMello
rhythmbiscuit

Journal Entry 4 by jmg49 from Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 8, 2004
Thanks pandaboo20874. I will start reading this book soon and then pass it on.

Journal Entry 5 by jmg49 from Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Monday, February 16, 2004
I'm not going to rate this book because it would be unfair. I have tried unsuccessfully to read it and just can't seem to get anywhere. I'm going to mail it to summerbreeze on Thursday (payday).

Journal Entry 6 by jmg49 from Woodstock, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 29, 2004
I mailed it today.

Journal Entry 7 by bc-del-20080226 on Tuesday, March 9, 2004
Oh boy, not many people enjoy this book. I too am finding some of Oprah's picks difficult to read. I hope I can enjoy this one, I will let you all know when I am finished reading it.

Journal Entry 8 by bc-del-20080226 on Saturday, March 20, 2004
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! It was so great to read and I loved the language the author used to describe so many things. It was such poetry, such as..."Every few seconds, a crank behind my skull turned slowly. With each turn, the rubber bands yanked harder, and the space inside my head grew smaller." It is a beautiful description of how she feels before her ticks started.

I work with a man that has Cerbral Palsy and he cannot speak at all. He has a speech pack that he clicks the alphabet with, other than that you have to ask him questions and watch his facial movements to understand how he feels. So that is probably why I loved this book, someone described in great detail of how Icy Sparks feels before she flys off the handle.

I am very happy that she can say that she grew from her condition. Don't we all grow from our past? I know I am.

Journal Entry 9 by tootshelling from Swarthmore, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, April 19, 2004
Got this in the mail the other day. Will read after I'm done the 2 bookrings ahead of this one. I'll journal once I'm into it.

Thanks for sharing!