Children of the Tipi: Life in the Buffalo Days

Registered by book_drunkard of Osgood, Indiana USA on 8/12/2013
Journal Entry 1 by book_drunkard from Osgood, Indiana USA on Monday, August 12, 2013
Amazon Editorial Review

What was it like to grow up in the world of the pre-reservation Plains Indians before the coming of the white settlers? Prior to our modern era of television, video games, and computers how did American Indian children live, learn, and play? In this beautifully illustrated book, award-winning author, Michael Oren Fitzgerald, combines stunning photographs and simple quotations by Indian chiefs and elders to explain to today’s youth what life would have been like growing up on the American plains.
Children of the Tipi includes sections on boys and girls at play, camp life, and the important role of parents and grandparents. It features historical sepia photographs of children at work and play, as well as detailed color photographs of their toys, tools, and everyday objects.

Journal Entry 2 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Monday, August 12, 2013
I received this book from the Goodreads First-Reads Giveaway site.

This book is amazing and I loved it!
The pictures alone are worth the price of this book.
I especially love the one of the Father teaching his son how to use a bow and arrow.
Our Native American brothers and sisters could teach us so much, if we would only listen.
They know that respecting their elders, loving Mother Earth, working together, raising their children to be proud and brave, and, giving thanks to God for everything, is the key to happiness.

Journal Entry 3 by book_drunkard at on Saturday, August 18, 2018

Released 3 yrs ago (8/20/2018 UTC) at

So sorry for the delay in sending this to you.
I do hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 4 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, August 26, 2018
beautiful book arrived! I'll enjoy sharing it with my granddaughters

Journal Entry 5 by wingNancyNovawing at -- Lost Forever, See Notes in Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, November 27, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (11/27/2021 UTC) at -- Lost Forever, See Notes in Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA

I think this moved along in the Halloween table of books