Till We Have Faces - a myth retold

by C. S. Lewis | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 000625277X Global Overview for this book
Registered by sumako of Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on 7/14/2013
Journal Entry 1 by sumako from Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Sunday, July 14, 2013
Paperback. - ©1956. - London: Fount Paperbacks. - 320 pages

Back cover:

One Lewis' works of allegorical fiction. Till We Have Faces is a reinterpretation of the myth of Cupid and Psyche. Psyche’s great beauty incurs the wrath of the goddess Venus, who sends her son Cupid to punish her. Cupid falls in love with Psyche…

In Lewis’ version, the central character becomes an ugly, jealously loving sister of Psyche named Orual, in whose words the story is told. She asks: ‘How can the gods meet us face to face till we have faces?’

Journal Entry 2 by sumako at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Sunday, May 15, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (5/16/2022 UTC) at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland

Löytyi Goodreads-toivelistalta. Hyvää syntymäpäivää!

Journal Entry 3 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, May 21, 2022
Thank you! I've only read The Chronicles of Narnia from C.S. Lewis so I'm really interested about this.