Too Big to Fail: The Inside Story of How Wall Street and Washington Fought to Save the FinancialSystem--and Themselves

by Andrew Ross Sorkin | Nonfiction |
ISBN: 0143120271 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wordwarrior of Boise, Idaho USA on 4/26/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wordwarrior from Boise, Idaho USA on Friday, April 26, 2013
Sorkin manages to make something of which we all know the final outcome, into a page turner. Mostly because he is able through anecdotal narrative that reveals the personalities of these investment bankers for what they are, egotistical, gambling with both hands and still not being able to see themselves as such. So we become somewhat conflicted, we want them to fail, but we know that if they do we will fail and hurt even worse than we already do. So we can see the need for what the government under Bush's Secretary of Treasury, Hank Paulson did to save the situation. What is less understandable is that no reforms were put in place to stop it from happening again. To get the full incomprehensible outrage of this, you must read Matt Taibbi's "Griftopia" - (to be reviewed later). Sorkin is a good journalist and tells the story without too much judgment. He kind of turns Paulson et al into heroes, but they fall short of reigning these too big to fail behemoths into any reformation. In fact they were shot gunned wedded into even bigger entities just designed to do it again, maybe bigger and better and you and I and all taxpayers get to pay the bill. Can't wait to see him at the Egyptian tonight. 4/26/13

Journal Entry 2 by wordwarrior at Boise, Idaho USA on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Released 10 yrs ago (4/26/2013 UTC) at Boise, Idaho USA

Gave to my friend Jeanne when we saw Sorkin speak at the Egyptian.