The Devil's Edge

by Stephen Booth | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Elizabeth101 of Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 2/12/2013
Journal Entry 1 by Elizabeth101 from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Hello and Welcome to Book Crossing!

So glad that you found my book and I hope you enjoy reading it. If you are new to Book Crossing be assured, you are with friends. The great thing about Book Crossing is that it is completely free and there are no catches. If you wish your journal entry can be made anonymously or you can (I hope you will!) join the thousands of others all over the world who are crazy about books. Your email address will never be disclosed to anyone and you will not receive any spam. Book Crossing.com was supported by World Book Night in 2011- 20,000 people distributed 1 million books absolutely free of charge (one of those was me!). Also if you sign up, book crossing will send you an email every time someone makes an entry on your book. You will be able to see what happens to it once you pass it on!

Journal Entry 2 by Elizabeth101 at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, March 4, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (3/4/2013 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Sent to Plum-Crazy as the winner of my 2nd Anniversary RABCK

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Many thanks for this - I love this series & it's one I've managed to read in order from the start. Just have to check whether this is next in line...... ;o)

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 23, 2013
Note to self: for rahar109 when read as part of the UK Wishlist Tag game :o)

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 6, 2013
As I said in my previous JE this is a series I've loved & enjoyed since "Black Dog" first came out but this one, I'm very sorry to say, has left me a mite dissatisfied. Okay, let's be clear there is nothing wrong with the storyline, indeed it's a good tale but for me it didn't seem to be of the same style - & dare I say quality - of previous books & it failed to enthral me as much as the others. Despite the usual descriptive scenic passages of the Derbyshire countryside & moorlands, the brooding atmosphere & undercurrent of unease was lacking, it all seemed more "relaxed". Maybe I was missing Diane's input - & that was another thing it didn't really follow on from "Lost River" - I wanted an up-date on Diane's family!

So overall, a good book but for me it seemed out of synch with the rest of the series. But hey, that's just my opinion....will pass it to rahar109 at the UKUncon & look forward to seeing what she thinks :o)

Journal Entry 6 by wingPlum-crazywing at Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (9/27/2013 UTC) at Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

To be handed over -finally!- at the BCUKUncon...thanks for being so patient rahar109 I hope you find it worth the wait :o)

Journal Entry 7 by wingrahar109wing at Farnborough, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 30, 2013
Passed to me at the Uncon, thank you.

Journal Entry 8 by wingrahar109wing at Farnborough, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 2, 2014
An enjoyable thriller, as Ben leads his first investigation since his promotion.
Atmospheric descriptions of the Derbyshire Peaks, as always, but there was too much about Ben's love life, something that doesn't interest me at all. And not enough Diane.
Thank you for giving me this, Plum-crazy.

Journal Entry 9 by wingrahar109wing at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, October 13, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (10/14/2014 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

Being taken to the meet-up on Tuesday night.

Hello!
And if you do choose to join, please consider using me, rahar109, as your referring member.
Happy Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 10 by LiniP at Harrow, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, November 16, 2014
I picked up this book a week ago but did not have a chance to make an entry before. I was introduced to Stephen Booth earlier this year and am looking forward to reading this book.