Island of the Blue Dolphins

by Scott O'Dell | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by quietorchid of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on 1/26/2013
Journal Entry 1 by quietorchid from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Saturday, January 26, 2013
Newberry Winner.This was one of my favorite books as a child. It will be interesting to revisit the island after all these years.Fictionalized story of the 'Lost woman of San Nicolas'. On the outermost channel islands off the Californian coast, a woman was found after she had lived alone on the island for 18 years. Nice book.

Journal Entry 2 by quietorchid at Starbucks - Fairdale Shoppes in Roseville, Minnesota USA on Saturday, February 2, 2013

Released 9 yrs ago (2/1/2013 UTC) at Starbucks - Fairdale Shoppes in Roseville, Minnesota USA

Released in the memory of a little girl with an engaging smile. To share her smile and joy please go to Becky's Hugs.

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world! If you join, please mention me, quietorchid, or any other journaller as the referring member. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!

Journal Entry 3 by livingsacrifice at White Bear Lake, Minnesota USA on Monday, February 11, 2013
Found the book at Starbucks in Roseville while on a date with my husband. I had heard many good things about the book as a child, but I never read it because I did not like reading then. Now I love reading, so I am excited to finally read the book! And I love the idea of traveling books!