Childhood Under Siege: How Big Business Targets Your Children

by Joel Bakan | Nonfiction |
Registered by chefcrossing of Brooklyn, New York USA on 12/5/2012
Journal Entry 1 by chefcrossing from Brooklyn, New York USA on Monday, January 7, 2013
Released in Manhattan.

Journal Entry 2 by chefcrossing at New York City, New York USA on Monday, January 7, 2013

Released 9 yrs ago (1/7/2013 UTC) at New York City, New York USA

Released as part of a bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, October 17, 2021
This book is about what corporations and big business are doing to capture the our kid's minds and our minds as well. . Think about how much time most of us spend on our phones. We think it is a choice but try going without your phone for a day. It is an addiction for most of us, our worlds are increasingly on our screens and less in live contact with people. And through this medium our choices are tracked so we can be more effectively sold to. Lots of good information here. But the concluding chapter sounds like he wants to be fomenting revolution. Lots of people are killed in revolutions. And frankly, I think it is too late. For most of us the screens are here to stay and we try our best to protect our kids and to make good choices. The book is about more than media, it is also about lax laws that allow unscrupulous behavior from businesses in the chemical industry, medicine and food.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, October 17, 2021
Will be put into a LFL.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Little Free Library - 36th Ave NE in Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, November 4, 2021

Released 7 mos ago (10/24/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library - 36th Ave NE in Seattle, Washington USA

LFL Release