Crime and Punishment (Penguin Classics)

by Fyodor Dostoyevsky | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by linesbibliotek of Gamle Oslo bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 10/10/2012
Journal Entry 1 by linesbibliotek from Gamle Oslo bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Raskolnikov, øksemord, klassiker, osv.

Journal Entry 2 by linesbibliotek at Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Released 10 yrs ago (10/10/2012 UTC) at Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

Legger den igjen på La Baguette (Oslo S) hvis ingen tar den med hjem etter BC-møtet.

Journal Entry 3 by travelina at Norges hus in Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Released 9 yrs ago (4/19/2013 UTC) at Norges hus in Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden

This book will be released at the bookcrossing convention in Gothenburg. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by Jishka at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Ghanesha hat mir dieses Buch gegeben, um es nach Süddeutschland zu fahren. Sie möchte es beim nächsten Ulmer Meet-up abholen.

Ghanesha gave me this book to drive it to southern Germany. She wants to pick it up at the next meet-up in Ulm.

Journal Entry 5 by wingGhaneschawing at Gmunden, Oberösterreich Austria on Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Danke Jishka für das Mitbringsel ;-)
I read in german

Journal Entry 6 by wingGhaneschawing at Osteria Tarantina in Mitte, Berlin Germany on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Released 9 yrs ago (10/25/2013 UTC) at Osteria Tarantina in Mitte, Berlin Germany

Hello! Bookcrossing is a online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are curious to see how far and wide it will travel and how its readers like it. Kindly make a journal entry to let us know it's found a new reader.

Feel free to read and keep this book, pass it on to a friend, leave it back on the shelf or somewhere else for the next reader. If you journal this book as a member, then you will hear from the book as it travels around. Happy reading!

Liebe Finderin, lieber Finder,
Gratulation, dass Du dieses Buch gefunden hast!
Ich hoffe, es gefällt Dir. Du hast nicht nur ein Buch, sondern eine ganze Gemeinschaft von Leserinnen und Lesern gefunden, die Bücher lieben. Schau Dir die Seite mal an! Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Journal-Eintrag zu machen und mich so wissen zu lassen, wo das Buch gerade ist und was Du damit vor hast. Vielleicht willst Du Bookcrossing ja beitreten? Das ist anonym, kostenlos und macht Spaß!

Journal Entry 7 by wingRoseOfDarknesswing at Baruth/Mark, Brandenburg Germany on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Jetzt startet - oder wird die Reise des Buches fortgesetzt. Ich hoffe das es bald einen neuen Leser findet.

Hinterlasse doch bitte eine Nachricht wo Du das Buch gefunden hast und wo Du es wieder
auf die Reise schicken möchtest.

"Wer lesen will, der liest, und jedes Buch wird gefunden von dem, der es sucht."
Eduard Engel

Journal Entry 9 by wingAndrea-Berlinwing at Steglitz, Berlin Germany on Thursday, November 21, 2013
Thank you for all the books, a great pleasure!

Crime and Punishment (Russian: Преступлéние и наказáние, Prestupleniye i nakazaniye) is a novel by the Russian author Fyodor Dostoyevsky. It was first published in the literary journal The Russian Messenger in twelve monthly installments during 1866. It was later published in a single volume. It is the second of Dostoyevsky's full-length novels following his return from ten years of exile in Siberia. Crime and Punishment is the first great novel of his "mature" period of writing.

Crime and Punishment focuses on the mental anguish and moral dilemmas of Rodion Raskolnikov, an impoverished ex-student in St. Petersburg who formulates and executes a plan to kill an unscrupulous pawnbroker for her cash. Raskolnikov argues that with the pawnbroker's money he can perform good deeds to counterbalance the crime, while ridding the world of a worthless vermin. He also commits this murder to test his own hypothesis that some people are naturally capable of such things, and even have the right to do them. Several times throughout the novel, Raskolnikov justifies his actions by comparing himself with Napoleon Bonaparte, believing that murder is permissible in pursuit of a higher purpose.
(wiki)

Journal Entry 10 by wingAndrea-Berlinwing at Steglitz, Berlin Germany on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Released 9 yrs ago (11/25/2013 UTC) at Steglitz, Berlin Germany

Crime and Punishment is on ritao's wishlist and starting the journey to Finland now.

Journal Entry 11 by ritao at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, December 8, 2013
Got the book earlier this week. Thank you very much, Dagobert1, for granting my wish! The book will probably have to wait to be read for a while, since I've got other books waiting in the TBR pile and since I haven't had enough time for books lately. But I'm working my way towards it, I promise. :)

Journal Entry 12 by ritao at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, December 14, 2016
I already finished this a while ago but at the time I didn't have time to journal it.

I think this book is a classic for a reason and I am really happy that I finally read it. The characters are wonderfully written and many of the things discussed in the book still seem very relevant. I'm not sure I like the ending though - it's nice to have a satisfactory closure to the story but the whole epilogue part still seemed superfluous to me.

Thank you for Andrea-Berlin for sending the book to me all those years ago! I will sometime in the near future check to see if there are wishlists containing this book and make sure it continues its journey one way or another.

Journal Entry 13 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, January 13, 2017
Thanks so much for your donation ritao!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the 1001-library bookshelf.