The Good, The Bad and The Multiplex

by Mark Kermode | Entertainment |
Registered by Ajplmr of Bermondsey, Greater London United Kingdom on 8/7/2012
Journal Entry 1 by Ajplmr from Bermondsey, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 7, 2012
A fun and entertaining look at the current state of movie distribution.

Kermode is without doubt my favourite film critic, love the radio show and enjoy disagreeing with his opinions as much as sharing some of them.

It certainly won't change anything in the film world - that's not its intention - and it certainly won't become a key text, but Kermode's style of writing is like how he speaks. Which is a good thing!

I will read his previous book at some point because I just find the guy entertaining. Hope others will too :)

Journal Entry 2 by wingrahar109wing at Farnborough, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Picked up at the meet at the Camel & Artichoke last night. Taken to see if my daughter wishes to read this, as Mark Kermode is one of her heroes!

Journal Entry 3 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, August 26, 2019
Daughter has read, enjoyed and returned the book to me for re-releasing.

Journal Entry 4 by wingrahar109wing at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (10/12/2019 UTC) at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Wishlist book for an Uncon attendee.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by Katweeble at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 12, 2019
Thank you so much. This has been on my wish list for ages. :-)

Journal Entry 6 by Katweeble at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 12, 2019
Thank you so much. This has been on my wish list for ages. :-)

Journal Entry 7 by Katweeble at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 12, 2019
Thank you so much. This has been on my wish list for ages. :-)

Journal Entry 8 by Katweeble at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 17, 2020
I heard this book in Mark’s voice and often laughed out loud. It is an interesting look on how multiplexes are affecting the types of films being made, with the view that changing the way that films are distributed is the only way the range of films made will be increased.

Brilliant - just found some of the paragraphs and the print a little small.

Keeping to pass onto my daughter as she is a fellow Wittertainee.

Journal Entry 9 by sandyundead at Bydgoszcz, Kujawsko-Pomorskie Poland on Saturday, March 13, 2021
I really enjoyed this journey through the problems with multiplex cinemas. This was written at around the time I started listening to Wittertainment, so it was interesting to see which of Kermode's opinions have changed and stayed the same over the past ten years or so. Thankfully 3D seems to have gone away in the interim!

Mum posted me this book after she read it because we both enjoy Wittertainment. I'll pass it on to other teachers at the school where I work.