Perfect Match: A Novel

by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by MandMsMom of Stamford, Connecticut USA on 10/13/2003
Journal Entry 1 by MandMsMom from Stamford, Connecticut USA on Monday, October 13, 2003
I Started this book once but I have two small children and the storyline was too upsetting. The book was highly recommended so I will probably try again later.

Journal Entry 2 by MandMsMom from Stamford, Connecticut USA on Monday, November 10, 2003
Sent this today to Martie-Kr as part of the Boomerang Book Relay

Journal Entry 3 by Martie-Kr from Mentor, Ohio USA on Thursday, November 13, 2003
Received in the mail today. Will try to get to it in a reasonable amt. of time. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 4 by Martie-Kr from Mentor, Ohio USA on Wednesday, December 24, 2003
I found this book rather interesting although the subject matter (abuse) is disturbing. Complex characters who react in ways one would imagine but with somewhat of a twist. The characters don't always fit into the preformed role society usually assigns them and this makes for some thought-provoking insights.

All-in-all, despite the subject matter, a good book.

I will mail back after the holidays. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 5 by MandMsMom from Stamford, Connecticut USA on Sunday, January 18, 2004
Got this back in the mail! Thanks! Going back on TBR pile

Journal Entry 6 by MandMsMom from Stamford, Connecticut USA on Tuesday, February 17, 2004
Realistically I will probably never be able to read this book. I am going to offer it on the relay again.

Journal Entry 7 by ryanreader from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Wednesday, February 25, 2004
this came in the mail today via relay. Thanks MandMsMom!

Journal Entry 8 by ryanreader from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Saturday, January 8, 2005
I am bumping this one up on my TBR list and will get to it this month..........

res for grizzlygirl

Journal Entry 9 by ryanreader from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 18, 2005
I really enjoyed this one. Before marriage and kids, I worked for HRS with abused children, so the I was not hesitant to read this one. I acutally found it to be very tastefully done. No over the top descriptions, etc. It seems to be even scarier to leave these things for your own mind to picture. I liked the twists and turns, and while I saw the first "twist" a mile away, I was dumbfounded by the second.

Off on relay

Journal Entry 10 by GrizzlyGirl from Fraser, Michigan USA on Tuesday, January 25, 2005
Thanks so much ryanreader! I have enjoyed every other Picoult book I have read so far, I'm sure this will be no exception. :)

Journal Entry 11 by GrizzlyGirl from Fraser, Michigan USA on Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Not one of my favorite's by Picoult. I can't even pin point why not. I found the main character annoying for some reason. And the ending sort of made me roll my eyes in disbelief. Oh well.

Journal Entry 12 by GrizzlyGirl from Fraser, Michigan USA on Wednesday, September 6, 2006
Yay! This book is on the move!

Journal Entry 13 by Flakes from Bloomington, Illinois USA on Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Arrived safe and sound...thanks so much GrizzlyGirl!

Journal Entry 14 by Flakes from Bloomington, Illinois USA on Saturday, October 7, 2006
Jodi Picoult does it again! I've loved almost Picoult book I've read so far, and this one is no exception. I really enjoyed the twists and turns of this story, but I have to agree that the main character was a little bit annoying. Even though I could sympathize with her reasoning for what she did, she came across as a little bit too cold-blooded, so I didn't feel like I could really "root" for her.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm sending this off to missprisy as a surprise RABCK thru rabck.com. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 15 by missprisy from Edmond, Oklahoma USA on Monday, October 23, 2006
Thank you so much Flakes! I was just trying to get in on a bookring for this book today.

Journal Entry 16 by missprisy from Edmond, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, January 21, 2007
Great book, even though the subject matter was about child abuse. The story was hard to take at times, but the twists of the plot held my attention through out.

Released 14 yrs ago (2/13/2007 UTC) at Algiers, 40 Brattle Street, Harvard Sq. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Releasing at the February BookCrossing Meetup. Release #16 for Guinaveve's Keep Them Moving 2007 Challenge

Journal Entry 18 by sabeena29 from not specified, not specified not specified on Tuesday, February 13, 2007
received tonight as a rabck from missprisy- thanks so much. I have only read one book - My Sister's Keeper- by Picoult and look forward to reading this one soon.

Journal Entry 19 by sabeena29 from not specified, not specified not specified on Sunday, June 21, 2009
currently reading.