Turn Right at Machu Picchu: Rediscovering the Lost City One Step at a Time

by Mark Adams | Travel |
Registered by WESTSTEVO of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 3/25/2012
Journal Entry 1 by WESTSTEVO from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 25, 2012
A pretty good read, especially if you have been or are wanting to go to Machu Picchu. The second half I find is better than the first half, in part because I have a better sense of where the author is going in his travels (having been there in doing the Inca Trail) vs the first half which is not entirely clear, even looking at the maps that are provided in the book. Some of the best parts of the book are the post-Bingham aftermath and what remains and has been revealed 100 years later. This was a memorable trip for my wife and I as it was the 100 year anniversary when we were there October of 2011 as part of a Peru-Galapagos World Adventure!

Journal Entry 2 by WESTSTEVO at Maui Prince Hotel book swap shelf in Makena, Hawaii USA on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Released 11 yrs ago (3/29/2012 UTC) at Maui Prince Hotel book swap shelf in Makena, Hawaii USA

In the lobby on a desk in the sitting area. Looked like some interested potential readers (as was the case with the other books I crossed there this week). Will be interesting to see if there are any takers!