It is Only in Adventure That...

Registered by KiwiKat of Blenheim, Marlborough New Zealand on 10/8/2003
Journal Entry 1 by KiwiKat from Blenheim, Marlborough New Zealand on Wednesday, October 8, 2003
We will start the rating for this book in the middle and see if it goes up as it enjoys its 'Adventure'.

Found a beautiful, hardcovered, blank journal with a short verse on the front. The verse has given me the idea for a theme for this journal. This one will be about 'adventures'. How adventurous are you? Are your a thrill-seeker, who loves sky-diving, bungee-jumping, motor-racing, etc? Or is your idea of being adventurous of a tamer nature? Whatever your idea of 'adventure' is, here is your chance to put your story to paper for other BCers to enjoy. Oh, and it would be really nice if you could include with your journal entry a picture from where you live or of the journal in an interesting spot.

Once again, I will be borrowing a travelling journal idea from the US with this one. It will be a "stealth" journal, moving from BookCrosser to BookCrosser, purely karma-driven - no one can request it from anyone else - the current holder decides who to send it to next. If you receive it, you can make a journal entry, but please don't make release notes and please DON'T release it into the wild. When it is full it should be sent back to the originator, Kiwikat, in this case!!

HAVE FUN and TELL ALL!!! :-)

Journal Entry 2 by KiwiKat from Blenheim, Marlborough New Zealand on Monday, October 13, 2003
I have added my 'adventure' to this journal and will soon release it to have adventures of its own. Oh, and collect a few thrilling tales of adventure along the way, as well! As I don't want to spoil the surprise, I am not revealing here where the book is headed next!
The picture is taken from the hills above our house, looking down over Lyttelton Harbour and on to the Pacific Ocean. Oooh, and how is this for adventurous? The harbour and surrounding hills are part of an ancient dormant volcano. The volcano may be silent, but the earth still rumbles now and then. We felt a 4.9 earthquake which was centred northeast of us about 30km down in the ocean a couple of weeks ago!! Never a dull moment in NZ!

Journal Entry 3 by BookFrog from Albion Park, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, October 29, 2003
OK so perhaps 10 is over-reaching but that is how much I enjoyed receiving this stealth journal. I had to go to the post office to pick it up and when I saw New Zealand, I thought it's not from my mum but I don't recall requesting any books from NZ recently that I am next in line to receive.

All very strange. So after juggling and sending out some other bookcrossing books, I finally got to open it and found this beautiful cover and read the little note inside and KiwiKat's adventures as I walked home. Helped make the walk that much shorter (though I still collapsed when I got home from tiredness but it was with a smile on my face!)

I am looking forward to curling up with it and putting in an entry. Of course would be interesting to read the entries that come after. I will keep in mind whom to send it onto next.

Thanks KiwiKat - you made my day! And so stealthy too - very sly and clever. How did you do it? What an adventure!

Journal Entry 4 by fushmush from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, November 11, 2003
I'm so excited! I only discovered stealth journals today (this one) and I was thinking "wow, how cool would it be to get one of those!". When I arrived at BC meetup, Bookfrog had a present for me. This stealth journal beautifully wrapped in gold paper!

Thanks so much for letting me be a part of this :D. I'll have to think of something exciting to write about.

Journal Entry 5 by BookFrog from Albion Park, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, November 11, 2003
Glad you liked it fushmush. I had fun savouring it and enjoying it and holding onto it. I rambled on in my journal entry, just letting the words flow. Not sure if I put across my adventures clearly or not but they are now down in pen and on paper.

I had great fun wrapping the present and planning on giving it over as a surprise thank you gift. Seems I achieved my aim well and on the journal travels.

Journal Entry 6 by fushmush from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, December 8, 2003
wow! I've had this way too long. I've decided who's going to receive it next and will be giving it to them at tonight's meetup.

As for my entry I decided since this journal originated in New Zealand it would be appropriate to write about my adventures in Kiwi land last year. My boyfriend, Andrew, and I traveled to New Zealand last year and completed a 15-day tour with Connections (a Contiki clone). Our journey covered both the North and South Islands and we visited the majority of the tourist destinations. There are so many adventure activities to do in New Zealand and we tried to do them all.

You can read all about my adventures in New Zealand at fushmush.net.

(I'll have to upload an interesting photo of where I live when I get home tonight).

Journal Entry 7 by fuji from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Friday, December 12, 2003
A secretive BCer surprised me with this stealth journal @ meetup! Thank you fushmush!

What a great idea from KiwiKat. I'm very pleased to be included and have decided what to write about - I think I'll write it this weekend!
It'd be great to have it passed around again before its return journey to NZ - I know this probably isn't possible but I'd love to read some more entries!