Methland: The Death and Life of an American Small Town

by Nick Reding | Nonfiction |
Registered by quietorchid of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on 1/18/2012
Journal Entry 1 by quietorchid from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Thursday, January 19, 2012
This is the second copy i have owned of this book. here is my original review:

This book needs to be widely read. It's both an indictment and a message of hope to Mid-america. I know I am not the only one who has noticed the downward trend in the small towns you pass through. The author ties together globalization, the rise of huge corporations, recession and many other factors to take a long look at the pressures on small towns. Please read and pass on. Thanks.

Journal Entry 2 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (10/11/2012 UTC) at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Sending off to South Dakota as a care package!

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world! If you join, please mention me, quietorchid, or any other journaller as the referring member. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!

Journal Entry 3 by SDnativeNYCer at Brookings, South Dakota USA on Sunday, October 14, 2012
Received the book yesterday (Saturday, Oct. 13 2012) in Brookings, SD via US mail from quietorchid.

Journal Entry 4 by SDnativeNYCer at Brookings, South Dakota USA on Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Released the book into the wild the morning of 2/20/13 at the Cottonwood Bistro, 6th Street and 17th Avenue, Brookings SD. A very topical book, given all the recent busts/discoveries of "soda bottle" meth labs in Sioux Falls.

Journal Entry 5 by SDnativeNYCer at Cottonwood Cafe in Brookings, South Dakota USA on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Released 9 yrs ago (2/23/2013 UTC) at Cottonwood Cafe in Brookings, South Dakota USA