Comfort Food

by Kate Jacobs | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on 9/3/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Sunday, March 4, 2012
I know this is a popular author (I thought this was a sequel to The Friday Night Knitting Club, but I don't think it is), and found this on a recent trip to the Book Thing.

From the cover -
Shortly before turning the big five-oh, Cooking with Gusto! TV personality Augusta "Gus" Simpson finds herself planning a birthday party she'd rather ignore - her own. To make things worse, the network wants to boost her ratings by teaming Gus with the beautiful, ambitious, and younger Carmen Vega - the former Miss Spain, no less.
But Gus isn't going without a fight - whether it's off set with her two demanding daughters, on camera with the vicious beauty queen herself, or after hours with Oliver, the new culinary producer who's raising Gus's temperature beyond the comfort zone. Now, in pursuit of higher ratings and culinary delights, Gus might be able to rejuvenate more than just her career.

Journal Entry 2 by wing6of8wing at Westminster, Maryland USA on Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Sadly, MaryZee passed suddenly in September 2012. MaryZee's daughter is now ready to rehome her mom's books and I was willing to collect and redistribute them to keep her literary legacy alive.

Journal Entry 3 by wingKateKintailwing at Little Free Library - Cameron St in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Thursday, October 21, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (10/21/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library - Cameron St in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Leaving this in the LFL near my work. I hope a new reader enjoys it!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!