Life with a star

by Jiří Weil | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 014118695X Global Overview for this book
Registered by karen07814 of Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on 8/20/2011
Journal Entry 1 by karen07814 from Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, August 20, 2011
Dear Reader

Welcome to BookCrossing, especially if it is your first time here. I am really pleased that you found this book. It is a gift from me to you. If you wish you may hold on to it, but I hope that you will pass it on, either to a friend or loved one, or by leaving it to be found again. That way our book will be on an adventurous journey which we can follow as it gets passed along.

In the meantime, did you read the book? What did you think of it? Also, what do you think of the idea of BookCrossing? Feel free to write any thoughts when you come back to make a journal entry for this book.

While you are here, why not take a look around our website? It is completely free to register, it is safe and spam free and, if you do join, you will receive email alerts when this book is found again. I would be delighted if you wish to mention me, karen07814 , as the member who introduced you.

Happy Reading!

If you're in Colchester bookcrossers meet up once a month on the third Thursday at 7pm. Venue Fox Pub Layer de la Haye.
No fixed book to read, a pile of books in the middle of the table to choose from to take home. Somebody will have an opinion on any book (if you want the opinion) Feel free to come along or pm me for more details.

Journal Entry 2 by karen07814 at Castle Park Free Festival 2011 in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (8/27/2011 UTC) at Castle Park Free Festival 2011 in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

Given to us for freely handing over at Colchester Free Festival @colfreefestival and sponsored by www.thelayerfox.co.uk our local meeting place. Feel free to bring books to the festival if they're cluttering up your house and pop into the Fox at any time for good food, real ales and maybe another book or two or three.......

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooktwitcherwing at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, August 27, 2011
At the Colchester free festival

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooktwitcherwing at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, October 20, 2011
I found this a thought provoking, if rather relentless read.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooktwitcherwing at Riverside Inn at Victoria Road in Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (11/1/2011 UTC) at Riverside Inn at Victoria Road in Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom

At Bx meetup

Journal Entry 6 by wingcandy-is-dandywing at Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 26, 2012
I find I didn't journal this when I picked it up at The Riverside Inn (must have been 10 months ago).

A stark story of a Jew living in occupied Czechoslavakia and his life as a non-person, having lost everything and everybody, yet continuing to live an oppressed life, invisible and unwanted. A fascinating, if difficult, semi-autobiographical story.

Journal Entry 7 by wingcandy-is-dandywing at BCUK Unconvention 2012 in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (9/29/2012 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2012 in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

For releasing at the UK bookcrossing unconvention. Please leave a message so I know where it turns up next?

Journal Entry 8 by KenseyRiver at Brightlingsea, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Picked up at the Colchester Convention 2012 because I feel obligated to read every Holocaust-related book I come across. I'm not sure why: guilt?, as a penance for the ease of my life?, as some way of warding off evil? No idea, but I still feel the obligation not to turn away.

Journal Entry 9 by KenseyRiver at Brightlingsea, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, October 12, 2014
I thought I knew about the Holocaust so I was surprised by this book as it showed a new, for me, perspective of the Holocaust. It is depressing and unrelenting, but I am very glad I read it.

Passed on at the Ipswich bookcrossing meetup.