The Best of Everything

by Rona Jaffe | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0141196319 Global Overview for this book
Registered by shelj7k of Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on 7/20/2011
Journal Entry 1 by shelj7k from Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, July 20, 2011

This is a place of mystery...a sanctuary. Every book, every volume you see here has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens.

Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Shadow of the Wind

Dear Reader

Welcome to BookCrossing, especially if it is your first time here. I am really pleased that you found this book. It is a gift from me to you. If you wish you may hold on to it, but I hope that you will pass it on, either to a friend or loved one, or by leaving it to be found again. That way our book will be on an adventurous journey which we can follow as it gets passed along.

In the meantime, did you read the book? What did you think of it? Also, what do you think of the idea of BookCrossing? Feel free to write any thoughts when you come back to make a journal entry for this book.

While you are here, why not take a look around our website? It is completely free to register, it is safe and spam free and, if you do join, you will receive email alerts when this book is found again. I would be delighted if you wish to mention me, shelj7k, as the member who introduced you.

Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 2 by shelj7k at Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, July 20, 2011
From amazon.co.uk:

When it first published in 1958, Rona Jaffe's debut novel electrified readers who saw themselves reflected in its story of five young employees of a New York publishing company. There's Ivy League Caroline, who dreams of graduating from the typing pool to an editor's office; naive country girl April, who within months of hitting town reinvents herself as the woman every man wants on his arm; Gregg, the free-spirited actress with a secret yearning for domesticity. Now a classic, and as page-turning as when it first came out, The Best of Everything portrays their lives and passions with intelligence, affection, and prose as sharp as a paper cut.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I thought this was mostly a very enjoyable read. However, for me it dragged a bit towards the end. It's off on the rounds of the book club for the summer so the status is set at travelling for now.